Friday, July 8, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Joys & Desires Decadent Duos

Rouge Bunny Rouge created a unique product. I've never had anything like it. There are many products that do double (or triple) duty, providing color for the eyes, lips, and cheeks. The Joys & Desires Decadent Duos ($43.43) combine a coordinating blush and lip gloss in one wand.

When I first glanced at the Decadent Duos, I assumed they were simply dual-ended lip colors, with a lipstick on one end and a gloss on the other. When I actually read about them at Zuneta, I had one of those "Wow!" moments, right before I ordered two.

The shades I ordered were Samba Enredo (#021) and Tango Argentino (#022). There are two other duos available. Samba Enredo is described at Zuneta as a delicate, pale lavender-pink base, suffused with the finest coppery-red and gold, pearly lip gloss, paired with a silky, illuminating, pale rose-petal pink blush. That description hooked me! Samba Enredo is described as a creamy, sheer coral-pink gloss, shimmering with pink and lilac pearls, paired with a silky, delicate, illuminating medium terracotta blush. I had to see that. I took a photo showing Samba Enredo at the top, with Tango Argentino below. I really wish I had ordered Rumba Cubana too. Rosewood shades delight me.

Let's pick up where we left off in the Enchanted Garden...no bunnies or butterflies, but a charming description nonetheless.

The night flowers in the Enchanted Garden open secretly in the dead of night. When all is quiet, they uproot and dance, weightlessly swaying in dangerously compelling movements, to mesmerize their prey into a devoted stupor. Joys & Desires were thus inspired as divinely fashioned beauty weapons, bestowing you with the secret of traveling light and to arrive still looking delectable.

Ideally bijou-sized, this travel accessory contains a piquantly delicate liquid blush to enliven your cheeks with a natural flush of a soft watercolor, with a glitzy gloss to luminize your lips with a flash of jaunty pearlized shine. Supremely blendable, they need only one quick application to keep you sublimely captivating. The two dance together for you, light yet complex, in steps of seduction and mystery from a fairy tale that could have been spun by Scheherazade herself. It's the one you'll reach for, time and time again, winter or summer, work or play.

The liquid blush is an oil-in-water emulsion - to water your cheeks with bare color and to impart an extremely natural and even finish. A high water content and rosewater provide a cooling and toning effect for your skin and mind. A complex of moisturizing actives and a highly dermo-compatible formula leaves your cheeks as soft as rose petals. The lip gloss has a soothing blend of lotus flower extract and yummy mango butter and speaks of wild freshness - naturally. Antioxidant and anti-aging, the formula also contains green tea and gingko biloba to hydrate and revitalize.

Both products are supremely blendable and need only one quick application with the fingertips to keep you comfortable and dashing.

As with every Rouge Bunny Rouge item I have ordered, the Joys & Desires Decadent Duos jumped right into my favorites corner on the bathroom counter. If you watch the Product Application Guide at Zuneta, you will see that the blush color of the duos should be applied lightly and blended. I applied it heavily so that you could see the shade well in my swatch photos. On the skin? Sheer majesty. Both lip gloss shades are sheer and shimmering.

My photos were taken in full sun, and I applied each swatch directly with its applicator. The swatches of Samba Enredo are shown at the top of my arm. The lip gloss is a gorgeous plum-pink. It's very sheer and will enliven your lips with light. The blush is one of the prettiest cream blushes I have ever used. The rose shade blends to a naturally flattering shade on my cheeks. I might have to hoard this duo. The shades coordinate perfectly.

Tango Argentino also has two lovely shades that coordinate nicely, but not perfectly, on my skin. The pink gloss is a medium-intensity, cool-toned pink that isn't a natural neighbor to a terracotta blush. When I blend the blush on my cheeks, it loses the orange tone to a large extent and results in a pretty peachy look. I like the pairing of the gloss from this duo with the blush from Samba Enredo much more. Good thing I have both!

The duos are relatively small, making them ideal for travel or your handbag. With a few swipes, you can refresh your makeup and look pretty on the go. I've been using the duos in my bathroom, which is why I think I need a third for my handbag. These may become carry-along essentials - even though I'm trying to tote fewer products around with me.

I like them so much, I'm overlooking the propylene glycol in the blush and gloss ingredients. I would rather it weren't present. I know industry experts consider propylene glycol harmless in low concentrations, but I'm trying to avoid it.

You can purchase Rouge Bunny Rouge at Zuneta. They offer free international shipping with orders over £65. As I mentioned earlier this week, I never have any trouble achieving the free shipping level. If anything, I have to restrain myself from ordering one of everything. Zuneta, where shopping is a delight.

Photo at top courtesy of Zuneta; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Ammie said...

Those look beautiful!

MickiD said...

Hello! I've been wondering about these and now you can tell us - how does the gloss on the duos compare to the Sweet Excesses Glassy Gloss? And what's been your favorite RBR so far? So far I've gotten As if it Were Summer Still, Delicate Hummingbird and Angelic Cockatiels Shadows, and one of the Quartz liners. I'm waiting for the Highlighting Powder, which has been on back order for 2 weeks. I have 2 more orders ready to go and Dissolved Dreams is on the top of my list.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Ammie,

They are really cool. Try one!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MickiD,

Can you tell me what aspect of gloss comparison you are looking for?

I don't have a favorite. There are just too many RBR products to love. I never try to decide what my favorite item is - just too hard. :)

MickiD said...

Good morning. I'm looking for pigmentation and lasting power.

Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup said...

Your RBR posts leave me itching to place another order with Zuneta.com even though I just got two eye shadows this week from them! *Must resists* *closes window now before looking at your pretty swatches again* - ;)