Saturday, July 9, 2011

YSL Beauté Collection for Fall/Winter 2011 - Rouge Volupté Perle

YSL's Fall 2011 makeup collection is flamboyant. The mood is portrayed by Arizona Muse in the photo above. The model replaced Daria Werbowy as the face of Yves Saint Laurent this year. In the advertising photos, Muse appears as a sexy vixen, surrounded by magenta lilies and coordinating orchids. She lounges with a smoky teal eye and plum pout - showcasing a collection filled with rich purples, plums, and greens. The Yves Saint Laurent Beauté collection is making its way into stores now. My pieces came from Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie.

The Rouge Volupté Perle color range is increasing by six shades for fall. That was exciting news for those of us who have been hooked on Rouge Volupté Perle ($34) since its introduction last year. The ultimate makeup bag accessory, this creamy and nourishing lipstick is enveloped in a luxurious gold case with the timeless YSL logo that speaks to its elegance. It makes my lips feel soft and supple instantly, while it drenches them in gorgeous color with a satiny-pearl finish.

The formula offers a perfect blend of nourishing and soothing ingredients with voluptuous pearls (transparent crystal pearls and colored pearls) that bless the lips with a subtle shine that’s utterly irresistible. I have lived in Stellar Pink (#104) since its introduction last July. It's long-lasting on me, feels great, and offers perfect pink color. I think I've bought three of them!

Now, I have a new love, one of the six fall shades. Brazen Plum (#109) is right up my alley. The rosy-plum shade is perfect for me any time of year. It will be special, though, this fall - when our thoughts turn to colors with more intensity.

I took a few swatch photos of Brazen Plum, outdoors in full sun. You'll see why this shade jumped right out at me when I surveyed all six. It has the pearly look of its sister shades and a divine color suitable for those who don't want to lead with their lips.

The new shades are numbered #107 to #112. I'll provide simplistic descriptions of each shade, but urge you to go see them before you select. The first two, #107 and #108, are very light. The new shades get more intense as their identifying numbers increase. The #111 and #112 shades are dark (from my fair-skinned perspective).
  • #107 - nude
  • #108 - lilac pink
  • #109 - seen here
  • #110 - orange
  • #111 - red
  • #112 - purple
I will show you more from YSL's fall collection tomorrow. The beautiful new blushes are sure to catch your eye. The eye shadow palette is colorful (perhaps a little too colorful for this conservative gal), and the eye shadow singles are intense, smoky shades for fall (one deep green, another deep aubergine). There are also new nail color shades (deep blue and teal). With the collection's range, there's something for everyone.

Photo at top courtesy of Yves Saint Laurent Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

LilyBiscuit said...

I love #109....a must buy. Thanks for posting :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, LilyBiscuit!

You couldn't have restrained me. This color is one of those must-haves in my book.

Sabrina said...

GORGEOUS! I must add these to my list. Oh dear, I thought I was finished shopping this fall with Chanel and Laura Mercier. Guess I was wrong. Thanks for the preview. Can't wait to read your other ones coming soon.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Sabrina!

I agonized over Laura Mercier today. I wanted one of the eye shadow palettes - a lot. Decided to pass, but not without regrets. I may have to buy it. The lip colors were stunning.

I'm trying to do a better job of prioritizing, but it's so hard. Plus, I've seen the Armani photos for fall. To die for... Then, the LMdB color collection for fall is a must-have. Oh my!

Lucy said...

Stunning! Thanks for helping me spend money - NOT!

Charlestongirl said...

Chuckling here, Lucy! Broke makeup addicts love company. :)

dontcallmejessie said...

thanks so much for the heads up! i checked out my neiman marcus today, and sure enough, they had them in stock as well! I picked up 107 & 110, but they were all gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there Dontcallmejessie!

They just arrived this week. Some of the stores were slow to unpack them. Amazing! They should know some of us live for new color. :)

RAEview said...

Thank you for posting reviews and swatches so promptly! It really helps West Coast bloggers like me figure out what we want before the collections hit our counters.. I just raved about your blog to a YSL PR rep ;)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi RAE ONLINE and thanks!

I'm always pestering the reps to let me know the second something new and fabulous shows up. :)