Friday, July 22, 2011

NARS Pago Pago Sheer Lipstick and Oasis Lip Gloss for Fall 2011

The NARS Fall Color 2011 Collection hit all the stores in my area this week, so it's likely to be available for your perusal if you don't want to shop online as I did. As I played with the colors this week, I continued to be struck by how pretty this "anti-fall" collection is right now.

While nude-toned lip colors are perfect companions for fall's dramatic eye, particularly the theatrical, bright-blue Outremer shown in the NARS Fall Look, they are also perfect for wear now, as the daytime temperatures exceed 100 degrees. We want to look cooler than we feel, and these lip colors will help us look light and natural.

Pago Pago Sheer Lipstick ($24) is lighter than I envisioned when I inspected it online. It's sheer, though, which puts it in my favorite lip color type category. It's a peach-toned nude with a pink cast and a gleam. The intensity of the color is extremely close to the intensity of my natural lip color, so Pago Pago gives me a warmer tint without significant color. If you have a lot of pigment in your lips, you will probably find the shade to be too light.

Oasis Lip Gloss ($24) is a subtly shimmering mauve-toned pink that will look great on many of us. It offers medium color intensity (not too light and frosty, not dark) - just enough color so I can wear it without lipstick underneath.

My "helper" thinks this indoor photography is fun. He has been a rascal this week. This morning, I caught him with half his body in the bag of Purina Large-Dog Puppy Chow, munching away at the "fox food."

I had a hard time getting a swatch photo that would show you the shades accurately. My photos taken indoors portrayed the shades in a cool light, and they looked more cool in tone than they appear to my eye. You won't see those.

The outdoor photo at right represents the shades better than any indoor photo I snapped - even with the sun's reflection on my arm clear in the picture. Hopefully, you can see how warm the Pago Pago shade is and envision how Oasis Lip Gloss will cool it down and add a shine.

If you are looking for a "traditional" fall look, the NARS fall lip colors probably won't appeal to you. If you want a seasonless look - one you can enjoy now - you will love the collection. You should be able to find it at all NARS counters and at NARS online.

Photos courtesy of NARS and by Best Things in Beauty, with help from Charlie

6 comments:

Lucy said...

Your kitty is quite the special assistant, LOL! Love the snapshot.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Lucy! My special assistant is snoozing right now. :) He's so sweet when he's taking a cat nap.

lovethescents said...

Pretty, but they might not do much for the ultra-pigmented lip.... :-)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

LOVE them! Not that I really need another lipgloss or lipstick...but then, is NEED really ever a concern??

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

It's too sheer and light. If your lips are highly pigmented, the lipstick may appear too light.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal!

"Need" isn't a word we shouldn't use for a lot of the makeup we love. :)