Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sneak Peek: Le Métier de Beauté - The Bordeaux Collection by Ken Downing for Fall/Winter 2011

Crank up the air conditioner, cool off with a chilled cocktail, and picture yourself wearing a duo from this elegant Fall/Winter Bordeaux Collection by Ken Downing, Neiman Marcus Fashion Director, for Le Métier de Beauté. For his second exclusive collection for Le Métier de Beauté, Downing took the essence of the fall runways and distilled it into a beauty collection that presents elegant, coordinated duos to transform you into a fall fox.

"The fall runways were filled with a polished sophistication and elegance. The message? Lady Chic," remarked Downing. "Ensemble dressing - elbow-length gloves, a sexy pump, and coordinating handbag - looks right for the fashion moment. Color is paramount! Bordeaux and deep magentas became my inspiration and palette for the matched sets I created for Le Métier de Beauté. Now, the fashion message for the season will be on everyone's lips and fingertips."

The three Bordeaux Collection sets, lipsticks and nail lacquers, will be exclusive to Neiman Marcus. They should inspire you to carry (not wear) your gloves! The gorgeous shades, from left to right in the photo above, have catchy names.
  1. Ken, Red My Lips (lips) and Gypsy Rose Me (nails) - subtle red with a blushing pinot undertone
  2. Ken's Wine on the Vine (lips) and Ken's Bodacious Bordeaux (nails) - rich, crimson cabernet
  3. I'm Worn This Way (lips) and Vintage Ken (nails) - Bold berry with a deep grape undertone
Each set will be priced at $49 and will be available in October. Given the fast sell-through of Ken's Korals, I suggest you get on the pre-sale list at Neiman Marcus now. The collection will also be available online at neimanmarcus.com. It's not even mid-July, and I am so over summer.

Photo courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté

9 comments:

Shannon (Lipstick Musings) said...

Ohhhh, these are SO my Fall colors! I've got to hit Atlanta proper for a decent mall so I can check this out.

Shannon

Charlestongirl said...

Ahhh, Shannon, plan your trip for fall when they arrive. :)

lovethescents said...

Thank goodness in two parts:

Part a) bordeaux and burgundies are sooooo not my colours so money saved!

Part b) summer is NOT over! I love the heat :-)

Thanks for the information, Charlestongirl, as usual. Ken's colours are so stunning. I love my Korals. Excellent quality lip stain, excellent quality polish. Hurrah!

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, Lovethescents!

One does have to get used to the deep, wine-colored reds, but then, they are magic. I would use them as stains, the way Ivan suggests. You can too!

With our temperatures hot the last two days (98 and 95), I'm weary of the heat. Charlie loves it, though. Jungle Boy would sit on the porch all day if I let him.

Lisa said...

So beautiful--thank you for posting this. I think I want all of the sets--I love anything red, so I'm in heaven! The fall collections seem to just get more amazing every year. :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lisa,

That's the easy way! I am dying to see them. I love deep wine shades. With three so well priced, I could flip over all of them.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Fab...in a word, yep!

lovethescents said...

Hi Charlestongirl! Jungle Boy! Wonderful name. Does he look feral?

I would be worried the wine colour would make me look older...also thin out my lips...

I look forward to see swatches, if possible, of the lip stains. They do look beautiful :-) Thank you for the constant encouragement :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Jungle Boy is my nickname for Charleston (aka Charlie, rascal, devil boy, and other names that couldn't be mentioned on a polite blog). He is a purebred Bengal and isn't that far, generation-wise, from his wild Asian leopard cat roots.

I can wear sheer wines. I'll bet you can too. We'll see when the colors arrive. :)