Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dior Rouge Sérum from the Blue Tie Collection for Fall 2011

Steady my heart, Dior introduced new Rouge Sérum Luminous Color Lip Treatment ($34) shades in a new formula with the Blue Tie Collection for fall. Filled with even more active skin-care ingredients than the parent Sérum de Rouge lip color, Rouge Sérum features an amazingly creamy texture to moisturize, smooth, and pamper your lips day in and day out. Enriched with mango butter and other natural extracts, this nourishing treatment is said to boost your lips' microcirculation and collagen levels and enhance their appearance with gorgeous, luminous color. That color is sheer - my favorite lip color look!

The new shades are shown beautifully at MakeUp4All.
  • Carmine Crystal
  • Coral Crystal
  • Passionate Pink Crystal
  • Primrose Crystal
  • Sweet Pink Crystal
  • Tea Rose Crystal
What's a gal to do when faced with a display filled with gorgeous shades? Select two to start! I came home with #675 Passionate Pink Crystal and #645 Sweet Pink Crystal. I could easily have bought four more.

My new shades are shown in the tubes at right. Passionate Pink Crystal is shown at the top and Sweet Pink Crystal below in my photo. Both colors look a little warmer in my photo than they appear to my eye. Naturally, I took many swatch photos and selected the one that most accurately portrayed the shades on my skin.

My photo was taken in morning sunlight. Passionate Pink Crystal is on the left, and Sweet Pink Crystal is on the right. Hopefully, you can see that they are very different pink shades - both sheer, gleaming, and luscious. Passionate Pink Crystal appears red-pink in the tube, but applies as a stunning pure pink. Sweet Pink Crystal is warmer - more rose and with just a hint of brown. I'll be living in both shades.

For the original Sérum de Rouge forumula, Dior said that after one month of daily use, Sérum de Rouge increased the hydration of our lips by 40%, added 24% more smoothness, and helped regain curves and firmness. I wasn't sure about those statistics; they were nice, but not important to me. I simply loved the colors, look, and feel! Now, the new, improved Rouge Sérum formula has captured my heart. This week, I'm going over to Neiman Marcus, where I bought the first two, and I'm going to try to resist buying more...for now.

If you love lighter-than-air, luscious lip colors, check out the Dior Blue Tie Collection Fall 2011 display at your local department store. These new lip color-treatment hybrids are my favorite part of the collection.

Photos courtesy of Neiman Marcus and by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

...OBSESSIONS to LIVE FOR... said...

Uhoh looks like I have another thing to add to my Dior shopping list!! :) How long do they last on your lips??
xx
Bethany

Larie said...

I have one of the originals (the bright red!) which I love...they feel so good on the lips! I was tempted by these too, but just picked up the Tuxedo nail polish instead. I may have to go back, though - your swatches are lovely, and I do love the formula!

Radhika said...

I love the formula - have one of the older ones - but I do seem to use it up very fast :D :D And I got a natural-looking colour, and since they are a bit sheer on my lips, I feel I should get a darker/brighter colour next time.

Eileen said...

I have been looking forward to swatching this selection of crystal sheer colors ever since seeing the new collection on Marina's blog. I was immediately taken with a few of the soft pink shades and think there might be one or two I'd like. I've recently weeded out my lipsticks/glosses that have expired or that I deemed a fail, so I have room for some new beauties.

Hi Obsessions to Live For,

I don't know about the new formula, but the original did not last long at all. They wore about the same as a lip gloss or balm. On me, that's 1-2 hours. Don't think of them as lipsticks. They are just really, really beautiful lip treatments.

jezebella said...

Dior Rouge Serum is my favourite lipstick of all time. (I have Coral Serum.) It's the most flattering shade for me and the texture's soooooo creamy and moisturizing. I would love to try at least one of these!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Obsessions!

Not long. An hour or 1.5 hours on me. I wear it as Eileen suggested below - for a feel-good lip treatment that happens to have gorgeous color. :)

Definitely look for them!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Larie,

I bought so many of the originals. I keep one at every "life station." Glad you love them too!

Go back. Tuxedo is cool, but you missed the superstars. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Rads!

Maybe I didn't use mine up as quickly as you did because I bought so many - LOL. When you have your choice of shades, you don't use up any of them.

The new bright shades are REALLY pretty.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen!

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I swear we were sisters in a former life. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jezebella!

You will be in a state of bliss then. Get over to a Dior counter, but call first. I didn't see them at Nordstrom the other night.