Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bobbi Brown 20th Anniversary Lip Palette

In 1991, discouraged by the lack of flattering lip colors that were available, Bobbi Brown decided to make her own palette. She created 10 lipstick shades that had a brown base, which, in her opinion, was the most natural complement to a woman's skin tone. After a small editorial mention in a magazine, Bobbi found herself taking phone orders from her home. It wasn't long before she caught the attention of Bergdorf Goodman, which ultimately launched her eponymous collection. Bobbi hoped that she would sell 100 lipsticks in her first month at the store and ended up meeting that goal in just one day.

Created in celebration of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics' 20th anniversary, the limited-edition 20th Anniversary Lip Palette ($60) features the original 10 lipsticks and 10 additional new, bright, modern, and wearable colors that showcase how the brand has evolved in the last 20 years. All the shades can be worn alone or mixed together to create your own unique looks - particularly with the shades that may not be your best. Don't care for Burnt Red? Mix it with Pink Martini, and you'll have a third shade. Beige is a flattering neutral shade by itself, but it can be mixed with a brighter color, like Watermelon, to create a more muted in-between shade.
"Lipstick is one of the simplest makeup steps and a great way to instantly change your look," Bobbi Brown remarked. What a great way to celebrate 20 Pretty Powerful years! What will Bobbi be doing 20 years from now? She hopes to be doing exactly what she's doing now. Helping women is her passion.

I ordered the palette online a few days ago from Bobbi's Web site. I can't wait for it to arrive. I know that Neiman Marcus received the anniversary palette, and all Bobbi Brown counters will have it for sale in October.

Photos courtesy of Bobbi Brown

10 comments:

Suselew said...

Reviews state that each button of color is smaller than a dime! Although I'm aware how many different shades you get, that seems excessively small. Plus reviews on her own site state it's not suitable for fair complexions. That makes this a lose-lose proposition for me. Sorry!

lovethescents said...

Loved reading the story behind this! I look forward to your thoughts on the new palette. It looks very useful.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I don't care how small it is, and as for colors, I can mix! It is too adorable to pass up. I'll be getting this one and my "Warm" palette that you reviewed the other day. (just did an excited wiggle!!)

shimmering2light said...

Thank you for the heads up! I went to go check it out at Neimans and sadly the palette is incredibly small. I was hoping to get it for my makeup train case but it won't fulfill that purpose. For individual use, it would be a good buy though!

shimmering2light.blogspot.com

Abby said...

Something about this appeals to me. Remember when you were a child and opened that brand new box of crayons? The endless possibilities...really tempting.

I usually don't fall for lipstick in palette form. I'll have to go check it out in person, too.

Charlestongirl said...

Well, Suselaw, mine arrived yesterday, so I'll let you know. I'm not sure who said it wasn't suitable for fair skin, but that makes no sense. The lip colors ARE very small. It's a collector's palette.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents, it arrived yesterday on a whirlwind day. Will be trying it out today.

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, Shimmering2light, it's very small...like a novelty. I think it's perfect for travel, though.

Charlestongirl said...

Abby,

Palettes aren't my favorite lipstick form either, but some of them are oh so pretty. I melt at the choices and buy anyhow. :)

Charlestongirl said...

MamaVal, that warm palette really pleases me! Every Bobbi fan needs it. Warm or cool skin...won't matter!