Friday, September 9, 2011

Scenes from Neiman Marcus Beauty Week

Here are some scenes from Beauty Week at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria. The store lighting is absolutely dreadful for taking photos. These were the best I got.

Lisa Lingis and Erin Lockard from Le Métier de Beauté are shown above. The photo was taken on Thursday in a rare break. It's too bad the shadows in the store overcame my camera.

My friends are the Sisley counter are shown above. Had I taken this photo today, the counter would have been hoppping. Yesterday's driving rain kept some customers away.

The makeup artists at Chanel were hard at work showing customers the latest colors. Both makeup artist and customer consented to this photo, but they preferred to remain anonymous.

Today, Lancôme's national makeup artist Manuel Villegas was making women gorgeous. He's shown with Suzanne Callahan, who looked beautiful - before and after.

Then there was this blogger and the lovely Amina Murad from Laura Mercier, shown above. Amina gave me a fabulous makeover this morning. I'll tell you much more about it tomorrow. Look at the way Amina bent down to my height level. I have become such a shrimp!

I'm not sure whether the rains and flooding in my area have contributed to my frequent losses of my Internet connection, but I'm going to publish this quickly before I lose my connection again.

Update: Taking photos yesterday - even indoors - was hampered by the rain. There was absolutely no light coming into the store from the skylight, which always brightens the area. It was still raining today when I was there, but now the sun is shining outside, giving us all hope that the worst has moved on.

I would have taken a photo of our friend Kathy Shoreman if she had ever stood still. Next time!

Photos by Best Things in Beauty and a friend in the store

6 comments:

Sandy said...

I think your Laura Mercier makeover was a big success! You look wonderful!
Best regards,
Sandy

DivaDebbi said...

Love this look on you CG! Totally stunning. I finally got a crash course in Le Metier De Beaute at NM in White Plains. Now I understand why you rave about it! I think NM did an outstanding job with this Fall's Beauty Event, don't you? I love the Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish sample that was in my tote...smells of fresh apricots and really made me glow!

Happy weekend!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks so much, Sandy! She did a great job.

Charlestongirl said...

Happy Saturday, Debbi!

I am more taken than ever with Laura Mercier, evidenced by my charges yesterday. :)

LMdB is an amazing brand, turning out one fabulous product after another at a pace I can follow/buy. I'm a total enthusiast.

I think NM did the best job they've done on Beauty Week in a few years - agreed. While Beauty Week is always fun, this year it seems there have been more special events, and the GWPs are better than they have been. Love the totes!

Hope you have a great weekend too. I'm just hoping my Internet service doesn't disappear on me again, while I write.

Dlori said...

You look absolutely ravishing. Seriously, you do!. Just Beautiful.

Dlori
kleimanlaw at aol dot com

Charlestongirl said...

That's so sweet, Dlori...thank you!