Monday, September 19, 2011

Julie Bowen at the Emmy Awards - Get Her Elegant Look with Votre Vu

Whether you liked Julie Bowen's Oscar de la Renta gown or not (I've seen mixed reviews of the plunging neckline - apparently because Julie's not "fleshy"), you're bound to be interested in her makeup! With her sleek side ponytail and naturally gorgeous look, Julie dazzled on television - on the red carpet and as Best Supporting Actress in the comedy Modern Family.

Here's the breakdown of Votre Vu skin care and makeup that makeup artist Heather Currie used to enhance Julie's natural beauty for the Emmy Awards show last night. I thought she looked radiant - and gorgeous - as always. The focus was on her beautiful skin and smoky eyes.

In Heather's own words...
I started prepping Julie Bowen’s skin for the Emmys by applying the Luxe Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm from Votre Vu’s Duette, a hand cream/lip balm duo. I usually like to begin with lip balm when getting a celebrity ready for the red carpet to allow the moisture to really set in while I start on the rest of the face. Then, I used Votre Vu Fleur Blanc Tonic for all skin types, swiping it over Julie’s skin to make sure that it was clean and ready for additional skin care. Next I used Votre Vu’s Attentive Sérum Delicat Pour Le Visage to nourish her skin and applied Votre Vu Tragic Magic Rescue Crème. The Tragic Magic gave a nice, subtle glow to Julie’s skin and is great for preventing any skin irritation or reactivity. To finish Julie’s skin care prep and keep her eye area looking fresh, I applied Votre Vu Tout le Monde Antioxidant Eye Gelee to the eye contour.

After starting the makeup application with foundation, I began the eye shadow, using Votre Vu’s Sweep Gentle Eye Makeup Remover to clean up any makeup that fell to the under-eye area with a cotton swab. When I finished Julie’s makeup, I applied a little of Votre Vu’s Luxee Yeux Eye Beauty Balm high on her cheekbones, just under the eyes, for a little bit of glow. I completed the look with a few spritzes of Votre Vu’s À Votre Santé Elixir Essentiel to set the makeup.

Before Julie left for the red carpet, I used Votre Vu’s Champagne Kisses Enhancing Lip Balm to enhance her lips prior to applying lip gloss.

Check out all the Votre Vu superb products at the online site. Julie looked naturally glowing.

PR photo and InStyle photo by Gregg DeGuire/PictureGroup

2 comments:

Brooke @ Blushing Noir said...

she looks gorgeous, and I personally LOVED her dress. She gets more and more beautiful with each year!

Charlestongirl said...

Ditto!