Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lady Gaga: Makeup-free?

Today's headline is Lady Gaga, photographed for the cover of Harper's Bazaar - with no makeup, it's said. Even if I see telltale signs of eye shadow and lip color, she looks remarkably pretty, naturally stunning. Her hair, beautifully styled, looks a lot better than mine does when I get up in the morning.

Entertainment Weekly compared her to iamamiwhoami, an electronic music and multimedia project headlined by Swedish singer-songwriter Jonna Lee. She's an original; I'm not sure we need comparisons, although theirs was astute.

I like this look. It's the vulnerable Lady Gaga. I'd like to hear the song that goes with this latest incarnation. It's much more compelling than her Jo Calderone persona. What do you think? Has she got an au natural future?

Photos courtesy of Entertainment Weekly and Harper's Bazaar

4 comments:

lovethescents said...

You're right! She looks so young and pretty. I don't think it's in her future, at least in front of the cameras, as she's all about the over-the-top.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

She's so good "as is," I'd love to see her perform this way.

Unknown said...

I love Lady Gaga. Did you see her look for her Barbara Walters interview? She wore classic Chanel and looked beautiful.

Charlestongirl said...

Sure did, Ava. She's pretty amazing. There's a real person under all that artifice.