Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bobbi Brown Marrakesh Chic Collection: New Lip Shades

There's a lot to love in Bobbi Brown's new Marrakesh Chic Collection for Fall 2011. I discovered three new lip shades, in three different lipstick formulas, that I like for fall even more than my first purchase, Violet Glaze Metallic Lip Color.

There were two new Metallic Lip Colors. I fell in love with Jewel Red ($23). For red phobes, let me say up front that it's not exactly red on the lips. Jewel Red (#26) is a glorious rose with gold shimmer. It may be the prettiest of the beautiful bunch. Metallic Lip Color combines high-shine emollients and light-reflective pearls for multidimensional shimmer that has a soft and creamy feel as it provides medium coverage.

Bobbi Brown's newest lipstick formula is Rich Lip Color SPF 12 ($23). I purchased Desert Rose (#25). The "heather rose" is extremely pretty on my lips. Rich Lip Color combines lip color pigments with a clear base to deliver pure, crisp color with just one swipe. It's a creamy long-lasting formula that provides medium-to-full coverage.

There are two "very new" shades in my "old favorite" Creamy Lip Color ($23): Pale Plum and Pink Blossom. I purchased Pale Plum (#63). Creamy Lip Color delivers rich color with comfortable, long-lasting wear, a soft, creamy shine, and medium coverage. With emollient shea butter and plant-derived skin conditioners, this fabulous lipstick provides softness and moisture as advertised.

I think all three of my newest Bobbi Brown lip colors are stunning. I took my swatch photos in full sun to show you the shades. Granted, the sun adds some shimmer to the colors, but they all shine without help.

I swatched in numeric order, so Desert Rose is shown at the top of my arm, Jewel Red in the middle, and Pale Plum at the bottom. I applied each shade heavily. Color-wise, my photo at right may be just a tad too warm.

Desert Rose is a stunning mauve-rose shade that complements all the new eye colors extremely well. Jewel Red may look red on my arm, but on my lips it's a rich, red-toned rose. It's semi-sheer, which makes it beautifully wearable for me. Pale Plum isn't all that pale - or all that plum. I'd describe it as a medium rose that should work for everyone, working its creamy magic when you wear it.

These new shades are a fabulous addition to Bobbi Brown's already-expansive collection of lip colors. With lipsticks available in multiple formulas, there's bound to be at least one that excites you. They are available at Bobbi Brown counters now, and you can also see them at the Bobbi Brown Web site. There's a nice Bobbi Brown gift with purchase during Beauty Week at Neiman Marcus.

I purchased a few of the new Rich Color Eye Shadows. I'll show them to you soon.

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best things in Beauty

6 comments:

lovethescents said...

Fantastic, thank you for this. Desert Rose, particularly, is calling my name :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Lovethescents! Desert Rose is extremely pretty - you should like it, I hope.

Dlori said...

Gorgeous, both you and the lipsticks!
Dlori
kleimanlaw at aol dot com

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I love Desert Rose--I'll bet that one's going to be VERY popular! And I'm with you, Creamy Lipcolor is one of my favorite formulations and Pale Plum is gorgeous and warm (but not Plum--you're right!!)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Dlori! Have you checked out the pretty new lip colors yet?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal!

If I had to go out on a limb, I'd name the Creamy Lip Colors my favorite formula. They feel so good!