Saturday, September 3, 2011

Coming Attraction: Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask

Have you ever wanted something that you couldn't have really badly? That's how I feel about Sisley's Black Rose Cream Mask, which promises instant youth, smoothing, plumping, and brightening. It is expected to arrive at Sisley counters in October. I already have, use, and love three of Sisley's masks, but that won't stop me from purchasing this new one the instant it hits the counters. I want it now!

Black Rose Cream Mask is the first Sisley mask enriched with anti-aging ingredients. A soothing mask rich in trace elements, vitamins, and plant extracts, it works instantly on the signs of aging and fatigue to restore vitality to the skin.

My one test of the mask left me desperate for another! I love masks, and Sisley's are among the very best. I like to apply them and use their time on my face to relax. Imagine enjoying all the benefits listed below while you chill out.

Smoothing and Plumping Actions

Extract of black rose will offer an instant tensor effect, smoothing with antioxidant properties.
Three anti-aging ingredients:
  • Extract of alkekengi calyx, anti-collagenase and anti-free radical action
  • Extract of padina pavonica to stimulate the synthesis of GAGs1
  • Vitamin E acetate to reinforce the skin's natural defenses
Revitalizing Actions
  • Extract of red vine leaf to tone skin and improve radiance
  • Extract of chlorella to stimulate superoxide dismutase activity, which protects skin from free radicals
  • Essential oil of geranium to stimulate the skin
Soothing and Softening Actions
  • Extract of great mullein (new active ingredient) to fight free radicals and soothe the skin
  • Shea butter, which protects, moisturizes, and soothes
  • Pro-vitamin B5 to soften and moisturize
  • Essential oils of rose and magnolia, also for soothing
Nourishing, Moisturizing, and Repairing Actions
  • Vegetable glycerine to moisturize
  • Phytosqualene, with emollient and moisturizing properties
  • Shea butter to nourish and repair
My friends from Sisley gave me a custom-made sample, enough for one application, when I was at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie this week. I used it last night and was instantly smitten - with the fresh fragrance, the lovely feel, and the appearance of my skin after my treatment. You don't wash this mask off your skin after you use it. Just tissue off the excess and allow your skin to luxuriate in the beneficial ingredients.

Be on the lookout for Sisley's Black Rose Cream Mask. It's a must-have, one of many new products we can expect to see from Sisley this fall.

1 GAGs contain special sugars, such as glucosamine hydrochloride, N-acetyl glucosamine, and glucosamine sulfate, that have high water-holding properties. These are built into larger water-holding chains of sugars such as hyaluronic acid, keratin sulfate, heparin, heparin sulfate, dermatin sulfate, and chondroitin sulfate. - skinbiology.com

Update 9/4: Sisley’s Black Rose Cream Mask should be applied two to three times a week, in a generous layer over the face and neck. As I mentioned, any excess should be blotted away (not rinsed) after 10-15 minutes.

Photo courtesy of Sisley

13 comments:

so said...

I adore masks too. What stores carry Sisley products? I've never heard of them? Of course I live in a state with two major department stores. I'll be traveling to the SF Bay Area soon where I can so some exciting shopping!

Charlestongirl said...

So, Neiman Marcus and Saks have Sisley. Some Nordstrom stores do (not mine, unfortunately).

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

oh this is a great make but really too expensive for my pockets....
sephora sell this make in my country. maybe in the usa too?
ciao sunny italy

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Sunny Italy!

Sephora doesn't sell Sisley in the U.S. That's interesting - the difference. :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the info! :-) it is interesting to see the differences. over here we have lots of what we call "profumerie". smallish shops that have very exclusive products and prices are a little higher than in chain stores. one of our main chains is Limoni, they are often in shopping malls. the smaller retailers are stores in the city centres. sisley is VERY exclusive and I discovered only the poshest sephora stores sell it. :-) only 1 distributor in my town has it together with la mer and other very high range products. kiss!

Charlestongirl said...

Your shops sound so pleasant! Our chains are also usually in malls, except in NYC, one giant mall to some. :)

Sisley is pricey, so it's carried here in the stores that cater to those who feel comfortable buying it. The line makes so many things I love, I've had to adjust my expectations. When I first bought the night serum, I questioned my own sanity until I saw the effects. I really made a difference for my skin.

Do you have Sephora online like they do in France? I tried to order once from the French site, but ran into an issue. I was trying to replace a giveaway for a French reader whose prize was stolen. I had fun, but no luck, shopping the French Sephora site. I think they wouldn't take my AmEx card.

I keep promising myself that someday I'm going to visit GB, France, and Italy.

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl! I'm back! actually I came back from Italy last Tuesday (wonderful Italy as usual, superb Rome where our friends'wedding was a dream, I wanted to stay and never come back..) and back to work since Thursday where I didn't see the light as so much was waiting for me...
I'll write more details directly but want to say you MUST keep your promise and come to Europe: I'd love to welcome you in France!
As to Sisley, here we find their products in our department stores, Sephora(on line and in shops) Nocibé, Marionnaud (likes of Sephora) but that doesn't mean they are affordable! They are horribly expensive too! I have never managed to find the products I've tried (Sisleya)extraordinary for my skin (compared to Shiseido, Kanebo which are a little less expensive here) but after reading your opinion, I definitely must give them another try, you seem so enthusiastic!
How are you? is your arm feeling better? I do hope so! BTW I love the great photo of your family (1st time I see Savannah)
Big hugs to you and them(I'll be back soon)

@sunny Italy: I love your little shops, they remind me of what we used to find in France; but now, they have disappeared here, we only have Séphora, Marionnaud, Nocibé and Douglas or department stores and I miss them.
And as you say, it's funny to see the differences between countries, since in France you can't find Crème de la Mer in a Séphora (you have to order it or buy it in big department stores in Paris only...)Ciao ciao, lucky you to live in such a beautiful country!:-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse!

Glad you had fun. What a nice trip! Some day...sure don't know when...I'll come visit.

I can't wait to see all the little shops in Europe we don't have. Shopping sounds so different.

The reason you don't see Savannah is because she chooses to spend most of her time under the bed in the guestroom. When she was rescued as a baby, she spent the time she should have been "socialized" on a vet hospital, getting well. Once she got out, the humane society had her living in the house at a pet cemetery! She was very shy, and when she let me scratch her cheeks, I figured I could tame her. It never worked out well after I got Charlie, the little bully. So, she hides out a lot - even more recently, and I'm not sure why. I let her do her thing.

I think you would love Sisley's products. Most of them have botanical ingredients. I'm sure there must be a Web site for the company in France! Check out the line.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, lost my reply while posting it. I'll try again.
It isn't possible to order online yet form the Italian Sephora website. Italians don't really like online shopping, and prefer a close relashionship with sellers. We like to touch and test and to be served by someone who we can trust to advise us. Clarisse, I think this is a reson why we still have so many smaller retailers, who know each customer and make her feel special. Mine is only a smallish town but I have seen that they are resisting the cheaper competition in big cities too. I personally have my very special Limoni shop in the centre of town, a small place with 3 assistants who always know what's best for each faithful customer and are very generous with gifts and freebies. The Sephora I sometimes go to is very tight!!! :-/
If you ever come this way feel free to visit and I'll give you a guided tour of the best profumerie in town! :D One thing I love about Italy is this close relationship between sellers and customers, something that would be hard to give up. One thing I don't like is that we don't get all the brands you have in other countries. At least no around here.
Speak soon! sunny italy (rachel)

Charlestongirl said...

Wow, Rachel! We are getting to know Italy (and France from you and Clarisse) here. That is so cool!

Our Sephora stores are stingy here too. You can order online and get lots of samples, but unless you ask in the store, you are likely to go away empty-handed. A friend recently bought in the store. I was with her. She spent a lot. They offered her nothing until I said, "Do you have samples to offer her?" Then they coughed up a few. Bad service! I shouldn't have had to ask.

The same thing often happens in our high-end department stores. I think in some stores they save all the samples for themselves and their friends.

Charlestongirl said...

BTW, I never lose comments on my own site, but I lose them on certain others. Who knows why? I have learned a trick over time that saves on the frustration. When commenting, do a quick text copy before you hit send or publish. That way, you still have it if it doesn't appear.

I moderate most comments here after the fact. Some have to moderate before publication because they get more weirdos. Sad, but true. So on those sites, you won't see your comment until the blogger can get to it.

Anonymous said...

I'll do my copying before I post now! thanks for your advise. :-)
I love sharing experiences with people in other countries. It makes life much more interesting. It's tru that you do find so many weirdos online at times, I was suprised my comments were not up for approval. Must say this place is nice and friendly. Have a lovely day, or night.... nearly lunch time here. Bye for now. rachel

Anonymous said...

I primarily use this mask overnight. Do you do that as well?