Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Guerlain Météorites Perles de Nuit for Holiday 2011

The Météorites Perles de Nuit ($56), shown above, could not be more evocative of the theme for the Belle de Nuit Collection for the holidays. The cult favorite powder is back, reinvented for the holiday season. Although the formula remains untouched, Météorites Perles de Nuit leaves the face glowing and radiant with a new harmony of five perfectly smooth pearls to correct, illuminate, and even the skin. It is composed of pink pearls to capture light, white to illuminate the complexion, gold to reflect light, pastel orange to boost radiance, and silver to add shimmer without whitening the skin. Guerlain has made the newest Météorites a must-have in its stunning dark blue case.

I received the first few items I ordered from the collection (fromAHAlife.com), and I want to start showing them to you. I started with the most difficult one to show you - difficult because the Météorites Perles de Nuit powder is a face powder, not a blush. It's intended to give your face a pearly glow - not a shimmering night look or a blush of color for your cheeks.

My photo of the little powder pearls is shown above right. The color - to my eye - is accurately represented in my photo. Guerlain's photo at the top makes the pearls look more golden than they appear "in real life."

Gettting a swatch photo was nearly impossible, but I tried. I can see the swatch on my skin - roughly within the red rectangle drawn to delineate it in the photo - but I'm not at all sure you will be able to see it. The overall color is a golden peachy-pink, glowing, with only a few sparkles. The effect is not shimmery. I love the way it catches the light without being ostentatious.

The powder is flattering on my face. I will use it to set my makeup and to add a glow to my look - day or night. I'm thrilled to have the latest Guerlain's Météorites illuminating powder.

Guerlain's Holiday Color Collection will be available in October at Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, and Sephora. The collection is already available at AHAlife.com.

Photo at top courtesy of Guerlain; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Eileen said...

I absolutely adore Météorites and am looking forward to adding this beauty to my collection. I love the soft focus, luminous finish this powder imparts. Applied with a light hand and a good brush, little imperfections just seem to disappear. I think this powder gets a bad rap at times because many people simply don't understand that it is a finishing powder. It isn't meant to make a color statement or add opaque color as your swatch clearly demonstrates. It is meant to unify everything in a soft veil of light. Of course, you can get quite a shimmering, shiny glow going if you apply it heavily or over buff it, but that is not it's intended "look" and is the result of incorrect application. Lightly swept on face and décolleté, Météorites are subtle and simply gorgeous. I can hardly wait to get this newest addition :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks for the comment, Eileen. Nicely said!

Julia said...

Do they have the typical Meteorites fragrance? Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Julia,

Yes, they do. They are lightly fragranced.

Anonymous said...

Hi Charelestongirl,

I have never used Meteorites before. When you said you used to set your make it, does it mean that it replaces loose powder? ( I use loose powder to set my makeup)


Thanks
Daisy

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Daisy!

Yes, you would use this instead of loose powder. Will work fine!