Thursday, September 15, 2011

Jouer Highlighter in Tiare

I'm sure you know the feeling. You're browsing online at a site like Jouer Cosmetics, and you spot a product type you can't resist. There are three shades available. You don't know which one to order, so you select one randomly. That's how I chose Tiare Highlighter ($20) at Jouer Cosmetics. I could just have easily selected one - or two - of the other shades, and I now think I need them too.

My choice, Tiare, is described as a shimmering gold. That's a simple, but perfectly accurate description. I'm sure I could wear the other two shades. Camellia is a shimmering pearl white (shown above), and Champagne is a shimmering pink. The three available shades are designed to complement all skin tones.

These lightweight cream highlighters instantly illuminate cheekbones, eyes, and décolleté, providing a stunning luminescence with a sheer, sheen finish. It gleams, not shines, for a sophisticated look.
Our sunlight had disappeared for the day, and by the time I got out to get a swatch photo or two, it was pretty dark. I'm sorry my photos are dark. I applied the highlighter with a cream shadow brush in a fairly large area to show you the Tiare shade.

I used the rose as a backdrop for one of the photos to show you that the color isn't pink. Against my skin in the second photo at left, the shade "leans" rose. It shows as a more golden shade in the last swatch photo here.

I try not to get hung up on shade descriptions because skin tone makes a huge difference. What might look one color on me may look another on you. I would describe Tiare as a gold with just a tiny hint of rose in it on my skin (which has pink undertones) in certain lighting. How's that for hedging? It's definitely not rose gold, though, and I don't want to mislead you.

One adjective I will use in describing it is gorgeous. The color gleams, and it adds a polished look on the high points of my face - the perfect highlighter.

The small compact is designed to connect to any Jouer custom palette. I like to store my products individually, and this one went straight to my bathroom. Now I'm waiting for another online special. I want the other two!

Photo at top courtesy of Jouer Cosmetics; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Joey said...

Must. Have. The Pink One!

=)

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Joey! And you're lucky. You can pop into Bendel!

Lisa said...

You have got to try Jemma Kidd in Rose Gold around $30. Absolutely a must have creme highlighter with tremendous staying powder. I bought mine on line after a few recommendations from professional make-up artists.

Joey said...

This is very true! I checked out Jouer with Gaia when I went shopping with her in July. I fell in love with a cream shadow from the line. Guess what color it is!

Lisa, the JK Rose Gold highlighter has been a lemming for YEARS now! It's stunning.

Charlestongirl said...

Lisa, I ought to be able to find the Jemma Kidd at Target? Or is it exclusive to another site?

Charlestongirl said...

Joey, I need much more Jouer than I have!

Unknown said...

I love Jouer Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer too. It's water resistant, therefore perfect for my commute during our swampy DC summers. Probably New York too, Joey.

Charlestongirl said...

Ava, I guess I'm going to have to try that tinted moisturizer. Everyone raves about it.

DRTVrMoi said...

Lovely review. I was almost seduced when Lisa mentioned Jemma Kidd. It is always showing up on blogs as an HG item. Time to decide....

FYI, Jouer Tinted Moisturizer just received an Allure Magazine award.

Charlestongirl said...

DRTV...

You all are killing me. OK, I will order the Jemma Kidd.

I saw the award on Twitter the other night when it was announced. Very cool. Guess I need it too. Need...more...money!