Sunday, September 25, 2011

Murad Complete Reform with Glyco Firming Complex

The highly rated Murad Complete Reform with Glyco Firming Complex ($67) is an anti-aging serum that will reverse the visible signs of aging to reveal young, fresh skin. A patented, multi-benefit treatment transforms the skin, increasing firmness by 61% after just one application. It also improves skin texture to reveal softer, smoother skin.

Glyco Firming Complex restores tone while helping to protect elastin to preserve a youthful resilience to the skin on the face and neck. The wonder-ingredient, glycolic acid, exfoliates dry, dead cells for smoother, softer, healthier-looking skin. Beta-carotene, a carotenoid and retinol precursor, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles without irritation. The serum also contains retinyl palmitate. In short, it's packed with anti-aging ingredients.

Murad generously sent me this wonderful serum, but I asked my friend Berry to test it because it has retinyl palmitate in it (many of you know I have a difficult relationship with retinol). She's a bit younger than me, but shares the same concerns: aging skin and fine lines. She's also concerned about firmness, so I thought she might enjoy testing Complete Reform. I was right! Here's what Berry had to say after six weeks of use.

I love this serum. It makes my skin feel firm, strong, and protected. I think it also reduced the redness in my face.

The pale gold serum is light and easily absorbed, but leaves a moist feel without the shiny look I get from some moisturizers. It does not conflict with other products, moisturizers, or makeup; there's no product build-up that makes foundation roll off my face. [ed: That delighted me since many products with exfoliators among their ingredients do make the layers above "ball up."]

On application, it has a clean, light scent that disappears as the serum absorbs. So, it's a nice treat for a few minutes. A little dab goes a long way, making the cost a good value. Not only that, the plastic pump bottle is easy to use and carry along when we take off for a weekend.

I see Berry pretty often. I saw her at breakfast recently, and her skin has never looked better. She responds well to retinyl palmitate, and now we know she also responds well to glycolic acid. There's no reason for Berry to worry about adding years.

Murad makes highly acclaimed and effective skin care. Dr. Murad holds many patents, has written best-selling books on skin care, and has unlocked the cellular water principle. A board-certified dermatologist, pharmacist, and Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine (Dermatology) at UCLA, Dr. Murad is widely acknowledged as one of the world's foremost authorities on skin health. A true visionary, Dr. Murad has changed the fields of skin care and dermatology. His pioneering efforts include creation of the first line of doctor branded skin care, the development of the first aesthetic AHA formulations, the first medical spa and the first Inclusive Health Center. He continues to create cutting-edge formulations for topical skin care, including countless discoveries that have translated ethnobotanical resources into important advances in health and wellness.

If you would like to try any of the Murad products, the company is having a Friends & Family event now. Use the code SAVE20 at Murad.com, and you will reduce your cost and get free shipping. Can't beat that! Remember, if your skin doesn't look good, your makeup won't either.

Photo courtesy of Murad

3 comments:

MoonRae said...

Thanks for the honest review, I've been thinking about trying this serum

~Sharon~

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Sharon! Berry and I are finding we really like Murad skin care. I have a peel I love. Plan to feature that next.

Had a different friend test a Murad moisturizer. That can be found at http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/07/murad-hydro-dynamic-ultimate-moisture.html.

Julia Aging said...

I guess, it was a little medical though. But nevertheless, a good post!