Friday, September 2, 2011

The Friday Forum - September 2

It's hard to believe it's the first Friday in September. Where has summer gone? The morning glories are still blooming, but that won't last long. The Japanese maples are starting to color, and the goldenrod is bursting into bloom.

I had a busy week. I had fun catching up with friends this week. I also attended a preview of fall beauty trends at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. It was a blast - my kind of party! Fueled by champagne, I visited with my beauty industry friends, trying out the newest products. When the party was ending, I was still taking notes!

What's new in beauty land that I hadn't seen or tried? Kate Somerville has a new eye cream, exclusive to Neiman Marcus, that I'll start testing this weekend. Sisley has new products on the way for October. There's a to-die-for anti-aging mask, a treatment foundation, and a new fragrance on the way. I'll tell you about the mask this weekend. La Prairie has a new serum/moisturizer treatment. I have had a few packet samples, but have been holding off on introducing it to you. I like to use a skin-care product more than a couple of times before I recommend it. Lancôme's new Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector looks miraculous, and, as you know, Le Métier de Beauté's fabulous new skin care is available now. There's more, including AmorePacific. I'll catch you up on all of it in the next few weeks.

On the color front, I got a sneak peek at Dior's and YSL's upcoming color collections. There will be a lot to love. I'll show you my newest goodies from Bobbi Brown in the next few days. They're gorgeous. I'm really excited about the golden Shimmer Brick that will be available for the holidays.

On the fragrance front, I played with Prada Candy (have had a sample - have no idea why I kept forgetting to try it), and we talked about Bottega Veneta Eau de Parfum. Did you know that Aqua Universalis Forte is available? It's a much more concentrated version of the original, and it's on my must-have list. It's one I might give up an arm to acquire.

Over the new few weeks, I'll give you a more detailed look at everything I got to see and try. It was the highlight of my week. I was surrounded by the latest in beauty and like-minded friends. Who could ask for more?

It's time for The Friday Forum, our open chat. What new products did you discover this week? Did you find any deals you couldn't resist this week? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? What's new in your life? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By early the next week, most (not all) readers have moved on.

Don't forget the giveaway contest for Giorgio Armani Beauty's Blushing Fabric! The deadline for entries is tomorrow, September 3, at midnight. It's a gorgeous cheek color. The winner will be a lucky gal.

I hope you enjoy this Labor Day weekend. I've got food, reading, and rest on my agenda. Maybe I'll even find someone to apply Bodacious Bordeaux so I can show it to you.

Photo by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

lovethescents said...

Food on your agenda? Sounds messy :-)

What are you planning to eat?

Our garden is such a mess. Have a lot of cleaning up to do following last weekend's storm. The zucchinis are particularly entangled in themselves.

Beauty wise, I got my beautiful LMdB Peche Creme gloss. Adore it. It's beyond perfect! Also got lots of new fragrances to test.

Now you might remember last week I was hunting down that LE Guerlain? Well our local Institute de informed me Moscow could save a bottle for me and have it sent for $820 CAD. Double the price??? No way. Luckily, a kind contact I have in Siberia will track down Moscovite associates. To be continued. Exciting!

I'm really looking forward to the gold Shimmer Brick. Sounds perfect.

I've also been majorly lemming two of those TF lipsticks: Indian Rose and Pink Adobe. They've replaced my Chanel Desinvolte lemming. Never got that one after all.

Final lemming du moment? LMdB's Urban Dweller polish. Hoping the 'bay will be kinder!

Have a very happy Labour Day everyone!

Charlestongirl said...

Happy Friday, Lovethescents!

The only pre-planned meal is flank steak, which I plan to cook for Mom. I have been craving it lately. Weird, huh?

My garden is a mess too. I've got a guy coming to help me with it this weekend.

I bought that LMdB gloss for myself at the same time I bought one for a friend. It's a pretty color!

Yes, I do remember that LE Guerlain, and that's WAY too much money. Let me check here for you. I remember doing it last week, but I'll look again more thoroughly.

I have a photo, taken from a brochure, of the Shimmer Brick. I'll try to post it on Twitpic this weekend.

Those TF lipsticks are pretty. If you like saturated lip color, you'll love the TF. I'd only buy one of them - maybe two - if I had it to do over. Save $48 for that Guerlain fragrance! Sounds like you'll need it. :)

Thanks for the Labor Day wishes. Hope you enjoy your weekend too.

Eileen said...

Nothing much has been happening on the beauty front just lately for me. Last weekend I purchased TF's Indian Rose and adore it. Seeing as my day-to-day reality is gloss or balm, that's saying a lot. By the way, for anyone who hasn't checked out The Beauty Look Book today, this morning Sabrina posted some lovely swatches of the new TF shades that she bought. Between her swatches and Charlestongirl's, you'll get a very good idea of some of the new colors. Actually, I'm thinking of adding Spanish Pink to my Neiman's order for next week. These are very "grown-up" lipsticks; very Tom Ford.

I hope your beautiful gardens didn't suffer too much, Charlestongirl, and that the damage is primarily of the clean-up variety. It's always sad to lose a favorite tree or have a hedge destroyed, but replacing some flowers or shrubs is manageable. I was looking on-line at all the clean up that has to be done back East and can only shake my head in wonder. I just hope Congress can refrain from using this as an opportunity to push budget agendas and that they can work together to get the funds necessary to put things to right as quickly as possible in those areas that were hit so hard.

Since next week Neiman's beauty event starts, I'm sure we'll have plenty of goodies to chat about on the next forum. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a restful and relaxing Labor Day weekend.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen!

The guy who is coming to help me has a chain saw for volunteer trees I don't want/need, and he will help me get rid of weeds! There was no storm damage in my garden - fortunately.

A bunch of new things have arrived at NM just in time for Beauty Week. It's exciting. The new YSL gel eye liners are AMAZING.

Happy weekend!