Sunday, September 18, 2011

NEST Fragrances - Tahiti Vanille and Pumpkin Chai Candles for Fall

I can't remember when I became a fragranced candle fanatic. It was a long time ago when I discovered the mood-altering properties of a great candle. Unlike air sprays or diffusers, candles bring the warmth of a flame that's comforting (as long as I'm in the same room). When I plan to park myself to read, watch television, write, or relax - stay in one spot - I love to burn a fragranced candle.

I have to admit that I collect them. Yes, I use them entirely, but I always keep a choice of fragranced candles at the ready - for myself and for gifts. I think they are lovely gifts and wonder why no one ever gives me candles. Maybe it's the cats. We do have to be careful that curious or frolicking kitties don't knock them over when they are burning.

NEST Fragrances, a leading luxury home fragrance company has added a new, fine vanilla fragrance, Tahiti Vanille ($32), to its FiFi Award-winning NEST Fragrances Collection. Debuting this fall, Tahiti Vanille joins other favorites Black Fig & Honey, Moroccan Amber, and Wild Oats & Bourbon in the company's sophisticated gourmand fragrance category. Gourmand fragrances are especially popular during the cooler fall and winter months because of their warm, reassuring, and comforting qualities. You can bring the kitchen to your bedroom without the crumbs!

“While traveling through the French Polynesian islands in the South Pacific last summer, I had the opportunity to visit a vanilla farm on the island of Tahaa,” said Laura Slatkin, founder and CEO of NEST Fragrances. “As I passed racks and racks of vanilla pods drying in the sun, the aroma was so alluring and intoxicating it inspired me to create a vanilla-scented candle, Tahiti Vanille.”

Slatkin took Tahitian vanilla bean, white chocolate, and cinnamon and blended them with caramel and a touch of white rum. The result is divine, with a scent that's literally scrumptious. With no one ingredient overpowering the others, it's a blend that telegraphs comfort. The candle definitely creates an "island ambiance," perfect for our transition from summer's glory to the autumn "nesting season." NEST sent mine to me, along with Pumpkin Chai (see below), and I've been burning Tahiti Vanille ever since. The Pumpkin Chai is waiting for cooler weather.

NEST's new Tahiti Vanille candle can be purchased exclusively at Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, and specialty stores nationwide beginning this month. I've seen it online (e.g., Candles off Main), but I haven't seen it on the shelves at Neiman Marcus yet.Pumpkin Chai ($32), with packaging evocative of falling leaves and Halloween, will create a cozy autumn ambience with a blend of wild pumpkin, spicy Masala chai, cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon. This special-edition candle is housed in a sophisticated brown translucent glass with a blush orange wax. Like all NEST candles, it would make a welcome hostess gift, if you could bear to part with it.

As long as you keep the wicks of NEST's candles trimmed to about 1/4 inch, the candles burn evenly and won't leave a grey residue on the glass container. The offer quality outside and in. They will burn for 50 hours, and in small increments, it takes me a long time to go through an entire candle. They are a great value.

Just in case you don't know, NEST Fragrances was founded and is owned by Laura Slatkin. NEST is a specialized home fragrance company that emerged from its parent company, Slatkin & Co., after an acquisition. I can't even count the number of Slatkin-developed candles I've purchased over the years.

Laura Slatkin has a long-standing reputation as a leader in the home fragrance industry and is well-known for her luxurious scented candles, room sprays, diffusers, and other essentials for rooms and environments. NEST’s client list currently includes more than 50 prestige companies in the fashion, beauty, and home fragrance industries - all of whom turned to NEST to develop their exclusive lines of home fragrance products.

In 2008, Laura launched her own home fragrance collection, NEST Fragrances, which won the 2009 FiFi Award for Interior Scent Collection of the Year. In 2010, Laura launched her second and third fragrance collections, Sprig Fragrances and Project Art by NEST Fragrances. NEST draws on decades of experience in the home fragrance industry with a special expertise in designing, developing, producing, distributing, and marketing home fragrance collections that capture each client’s unique brand image and style. For more information, visit NEST's Web site. NEST can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.

Photos courtesy of NEST Fragrances

2 comments:

luv2smilexo said...

The pumpkin chai is calling my name!

Charlestongirl said...

Hope you enjoy it! It's available now.