Monday, September 26, 2011

Bobbi Brown Party Eye Palette - Warm and Cool

Bobbi Brown scores again! The new Bobbi Brown Warm Party Eye Palette ($45) is available in warm and cool shades. I jumped for the warm one. It was a tough decision; they are both gorgeous.

Pop the bubbly! Champagne, gold, and copper shades accentuate and complement any attire for the holidays. This six-shade palette, which includes a Mini Dual Ended Eye
Shadow/Eyeliner Brush, has the following shades that are perfect for a neutral shadow lover. These neutrals have some pizazz, making them perfect for day or evening.
  • Bone Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow
  • Champagne Quartz Metallic Eye Shadow
  • Pebble Metallic Eye Shadow
  • Pink Blaze Sparkle Eye Shadow
  • Copper Sand Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow
  • Black Chocolate Eye Shadow
I swatched the palette left to right, starting at the top of my arm with the Bone Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow at the top left in the palette, then swatching the lower row. I applied each shade heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator - except Black Chocolate, which needed no help for a photo.

I'll be wearing every shade in this palette. The shimmering and metallic shades have plenty of pigment and apply beautifully. While Black Chocolate is too dark for me to use as a shadow, unless I apply it extremely lightly (which I can do), it's a perfect liner that coordinates well with all the other shades in the palette.

Although I like all the shades, I'm particularly fond of Champagne Quartz, a golden peach that's a perfect eye opener and Copper Sand, a shade I've grown to love since reader Eileen pointed out how good it can look on blue and green eyes. It's a shade I had avoided in "the olden days." Even the pink-toned Pink Blaze looks good, and I have difficulties with pink shades on my eyelids.

It's nice that the dual-ended brush comes in the compact. It's handy in case you decide to carry it along for a touch-up when you are going out to an evening event after work. At home, I'd use one of my regular brushes.

The two new Party Eye Palettes have arrived at some Bobbi Brown counters. Look for them at Neiman Marcus (where I purchased mine) and Bluemercury. I shopped yesterday and didn't see the palettes yet at Nordstrom or Bloomingdale's, but they should arrive soon.

The photo below is the Party Eye Palette in Cool. I knew you'd want to see it.
Photos courtesy of Bobbi Brown

5 comments:

Suselew said...

Glad to read these are pigmented. Previous palettes have been miserably weak and not worth the money. Maybe she got the message!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Suselew,

I did try one metallic palette today that was all glitter, no color. It was called something like Black Cherry. The colors were gorgeous in the pan, but on my skin I saw little but glitter. Definitely try before you buy - or read a review.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Awwww....these are gorgeous!! And the warm one had me at "Hello." I am so bummed that I missed BB school due to moving. But not next time! Thanks for sharing (and I love the price, too).

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal!

I don't know what's up with my comment notices. I'm not getting them reliably. Anyhow, I agree.

I've got three other new BB sets to show. If the rain will ever stop and the sun shines...

skin products said...

looks gorgeous. really liked it.