Monday, January 25, 2010

Chanel's Cristalle Eau Verte Spray

Chanel master perfumer Jacques Polge has "re-imagined" the beloved classic Cristalle with a lighter, fresher version, to reveal a sheer and luminous heart. Cristalle Eau Verte Spray ($105 for 3.4 ounces) has magnolia notes that are blended with fresh citrus and Neroli accents for a modern expression of the timeless floral bouquet.

I was able to get a generous sample of this new Chanel fragrance at Nordstrom. I like it even more than the original! To me, it's a different fragrance. I'm not sure Chanel needed the Cristalle name to promote this lovely Eau de Toilette Concentrée.

Cristalle Eau Verte Spray combines green, floral, and citrus notes to shine. Among them are magnolia, neroli, jasmine, bergamot, lemon, and what smells like a white flower blend - some of my favorites. This fragrance is refreshing. It's not complicated; it's wearable, light, and fresh. There's a prominent display of Cristalle Eau Verte Spray at Nordstrom at Tysons Corner Center - close to the Chanel counter. It's a perfect fragrance to feature with all of the spring makeup!

Allure named Cristalle Eau Verte Spray "Best Green Fragrance" in the October 1009 "Best of Beauty" feature. Now that I am wearing it, I can see why!

Cristalle Eau Verte Spray is available at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and, of course, Chanel.com.

Photo courtesy of Nordstrom

4 comments:

DivaDebbi said...

Hard to imagine how it could be "lighter and fresher" than it already is! This has been my go to fragrance for hot humid summer days for years!!!
Can't wait to smell the update!

Best,
DivaDebbi

Charlestongirl said...

Believe it, Debbi! Love the new one.

I talked my fav Nordstrom guy out of a huge sample. Always pays to carry around sample spray containers. :)

Unknown said...

i guess i should test this new scent- sounds very pleasant. I also dont understand why Chanel promotes some of its fragrances under the same name- Chance and Chance fraiche are totally different to me!

Charlestongirl said...

It's got to be about the reputation of the original, which provides a springboard for sales of the "hybrid." Estee Lauder does the same thing with popular fragrances. How many White Linens are there now? I bought a Pleasures spray last spring that was so sweet - but it wasn't Pleasures.

In my case, I might not try a "retread." I've got to get over that!