Friday, January 22, 2010

Dior Lace for Spring 2010 - Dentelle Eyeshadow Palette in Coquette

More on the Dior Lace Collection for Spring 2010!

There are two new Five-Color Eyeshadow Palettes ($57). My choice (and Loyd Cassler's) was Coquette, shown here, a palette of pink, plum, and gray. The name of the compact comes from the very French "coquettish" wink of color.

When I first looked at these shadows, I thought they might be too pink for my tastes. The pinks actually have a touch of peach in them, making them far more wearable on the eyes than true pinks would be. True pinks make me look like an albino bunny. The shades are all soft and sheer, which I like, and the two plum-toned shades (at the left) are tempered with taupe and gray - perfect to make your blue eyes blue!

There are so many combinations you can create with this palette - it's like having two new palettes! The ultra-smooth texture of Dior's Five-Color Eyeshadows allows flawless blending. With my super primer, the shadows last all day, and they don't crease.

There is a second Five-Color Eyeshadow Palette in Pearl Glow. It features shades of indigo, violet, and silver to dress eyes in soft, smoky luminosity. I haven't tried these yet - may have to pop back over to Saks or Nordstrom when I have time to stay and play.

Like most of the spring collections, Dior's is extraordinarily pretty! "Pretty" is the adjective of the season, and it's about time. The choices we have this season are staggering. I'm thinking of going without food so that I can keep buying. I would like to lose three pounds anyhow. (OK, those of you who know me will scoff, but even size 4s feel fat sometimes.)

If you have a Dior event coming up in your area (I hear from Kari at Fabulous Over Forty that Macy's is having a series of events), you should go! The collection is available at Saks, Nordstrom, and wherever Dior cosmetics sold. The Dior Lace Collection will delight you.

Photo courtesy of Saks

No comments: