Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dior Addict Lipcolor in Pink Embroidery for Spring 2010

Dior's Lace Color Collection for Spring 2010 is brimming with pretty new colors. My favorite lipstick is #663, Pink Embroidery ($26). It's the rightmost of the two lipsticks on the lower-left side of the photo here.

Dior Addict is a creamy lipstick with a new and improved formula that offers weightless, high-impact color. I love its smooth texture. It will make your lips look vibrant and feel nourished.

Pink Embroidery is a mauve-leaning pink - as pretty as any of the spring lipsticks I've seen so far. It was one of my four purchases from the Lace Color Collection, although I'm still lusting after the Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm. I'm certain I'll go back to Saks for the lip balm - maybe today. It has a petal pink shade and features a delicate rose scent. So much for restraint!

Another new lipstick is Pink Bustier. It's gorgeous too. You have to see them to choose!

The new Dior spring collection is available at Saks, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, and Neiman Marcus. It's available at Sephora too. This is a lovely collection. I'll be describing my new five-color eye shadow next!

I have to confess that Loyd Cassler, Armani makeup artist extraordinaire, knows my tastes so well that he selected my new Dior makeup for me before I even arrived at the store! The items were selling out or going fast, and he know I wouldn't want to miss some of them. Having a personal makeup shopper is luxurious! Every one of his selections was perfect!

Photo courtesy of Sephora

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a Beige Dandy Addict lipstick and I gave it away. While the description read "pinky beige" it turned out bronze/orange on my lips. There was absolutely nothing pink about it! After that experience I always make sure that i find swatches online before I purchase any lip product. The new spring colors sound really nice, though- pink is my favorite makeup color.

Charlestongirl said...

The pinks are really pretty, Anna. I agree that descriptions can be really misleading. Just today, I was chatting with a beauty blogging friend and told her about my favorite Dior lip gloss, which is totally different (and better) than its description.

I will purchase something I haven't seen because I'm an addict. If you have more restraint, it's always best to see an item in person before you spend your money. :)