Saturday, January 23, 2010

Crystal Couture - DC Area Fun and Fashion in February

Crystal City in Arlington, Virginia is poised to join the ranks of top fashion destinations for one week in February (February 1st through 6th) when it will be the center of fun, fashion, and festivities during the second annual Crystal Couture event.

The Natalia Sanz Collection will be participating in Crystal Couture. At 23rd Street and S. Crystal Drive (across from Jaleo), you'll find an exotic runway, boutique, and night club, featuring trunk shows, live theater, DJs, specialty drinks, food, comedians, dancing, and more - every evening from 6:00 to 10:00 pm. No tickets are required. The event is free and open to everyone.

Crystal Couture is designed to bring great retail and runway straight to attendees - whether seasoned fashionistas or eager newbies. For a list of fashion designers and boutiques participating in the event, check out this link. Looks like LIERAC (one of my favorite skin care lines) will have a presence. I'll let you know more about that soon.

The Natalia Sanz Collection will be featured all week in fashion shows and booth sales. Attendees will be able to view Natalia's sophisticated garments and jewelry up close, customize their orders, and purchase items. More on Natalia below.

Local non-profit groups will be onsite to collect donations of new or gently used clothing and footwear. The event will also celebrate National Wear Red Day on February 5. The American Heart Association's Go Red Campaign staff will be on hand to help you sign up for the campaign, win prizes, and find out how to keep your heart healthy.

Want to know more about Natalia Sanz?

Inspired by architecture, geometry, and texture, Natalia creates classic styles with a modern touch. All of her pieces are expertly crafted to fit the fashion-forward woman exquisitely. Her creations include elegant cocktail dresses and separates that are versatile enough to go from day to night. Silk, satin, cotton, and jersey are some of the fabrics she favors because of their beauty and elegance as well as their ability to accentuate a woman’s curves. Natalia also designs jewelry. Her jewelry, like her clothing, is elegant and sophisticated. She creates long stunning earrings, dramatic pendant necklaces, and gorgeous bracelets.

What a great time to see her collection and participate in what's billed as "Wild, Sexy, Fashionable Fun" - with at least three runway shows each hour and free hair styling and makeovers. There will be 30 or more boutiques featured every evening, and many will be selling their clothes at great event prices. Don't miss out on this free event!

To hear updates about Crystal Couture, follow the Crystal City Business Improvement District on Twitter @ccbid or become a friend on Facebook.

Photos courtesy of Crystal Couture and Natalia Sanz

9 comments:

Laurie said...

How very cool! I used to live in Pentagon City...a big Arlington fan:) I moved in Feb. '09 - miss the old neighborhood!

Charlestongirl said...

Where did you go, Laurie? Are you still nearby?

Cassie MewBuorn said...

I only live an hour and half south of DC, so maybe I'll go, it does sound like a lot of fun, and after visiting DC this past week for a hockey game, I realized how much I truly miss going into city! Maybe I'll get a girl of my fav. ladies to come with!
Cassie

Charlestongirl said...

I'm lucky. I can hop on Metro and to there. I plan to go on one of the evenings. Sounds like great fun!

Where do you live, Cassie? I went to undergraduate school in Fredericksburg. I used to be able to drive there in 45-50 minutes. Not any more! I-95 has become quite a bottleneck, depending on day and time.

Let me know when y'all are coming. We could meet up!

Laurie said...

I'm in Chicago now! I lived in Arlington for five years - literally right by the Pentagon City mall. I do miss living so close to Nordstrom:)

Charlestongirl said...

Oh my, Laurie. You moved far away. How do you like that cold city? Any Nordstrom stores there?

Crystal City BID said...

We are excited to open next Monday! Hope you all can make it! subscribe to @ccbid on twitter or check us out on face book under "Crystal City BID!"

Holly said...

I lived in Christal City for 2.5 years! And loved Jaleo since it was the only good enough restaurant around at that time...now looks like it's a much more vibrant area than 4 years ago! So happy to read this article :)

Laurie said...

Haha, yes! Very cold here:) I'm originally from Wisconsin - so no biggie. Although I do miss wearing flats with no socks in the wintertime and actually being able to wear skirts comfortably.

But I love it - and there is some great beauty shopping:) Plus, I work downtown so I often take little lunch trips to the counters!