Sunday, January 24, 2010

Givenchy Le Prisme Mono Eyeshadow

New at Sephora, Givenchy Le Prisme Mono Eyeshadows ($29) introduce a unique concept. Each little monochromatic compact features four finishes of one color!

Givenchy's Le Prisme Mono shadows can be used to create "made-to-measure results" that range from natural to couture and simple to sophisticated. The formula contains atomized pigments that provide vibrant, stay-true color. Blend the four domes together for a single refined shade, or use each one separately for the look you want. The differences in the finishes are subtle, but definitely detectable.

The shadows are available at Sephora in 11 stunning shades. I ordered #12, Casual Khaki (shown above at right), unseen, and I am thrilled with it. It's a khaki-toned neutral, darker than shown in the photo - extremely wearable for a fair-skinned blond, just as wearable for those with darker skin. The four shadows range from matte to mildly sparkly. I will wear all four.

Now I've got my eyes on Fancy Coffee, Elegant Taupe, and Couture Beige. Hip Grey looks pretty cool too! These shadows are unique, so I know I'm going to go on a binge. I can feel the magnetic forces of Sephora as I write this, and it's only 6:30 am! I may have to pop over there today to see my Sephora guy (he's a sweetie - about the only thing that would make me go to the Sephora store these days vs. order online - but that's another story).

Check them out at Sephora! They are really nice.

Update 1/24: I did go over to Sephora, but they are not in the store yet. Available online!

Photo courtesy of Vogue.com

4 comments:

Bonnie C. said...

Thanks for letting us know about these, I am heading over to the site to check out the colors right now. The Couture Beige sounds lovely, but I can't wait to see what the other colors look like as well. Those Sephora forces can get pretty strong can't they? :-) Such a neat store! :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Last night, I ordered a second one, Bonnie - the taupe shades. I really want a few more, but I will wait until my next paycheck!

I am not as enamored with Sephora as I used to be. Even though the forces are truly magnetic, I have the following issues with the stores.

1. They are chaotic (and messy), and you never know who has been tinkering with the product you want to purchase. I wish the stock items were all sealed.
2. They are not getting in their stock of new collections quickly enough. I went over to see the other Givenchy colors, but they were not there yet. I had to ask for the Orgasm Illuminator I bought for the giveaway, and one was retrieved from the back. There were none on display, making it appear they didn't have it.
3. They don't offer you samples (you automatically get three online) unless you ask for them. I have learned to ask, but why should I have to? Only one guy at my Sephora offers them to me, earning his "darling" title.

My online peeve is that the free samples (mostly fragrance at the moment - and I don't want most of it - and too much men's stuff), 100-point deluxe samples, and 500-point gifties are all boring and have been for months. I wish there were a better selection. I have built up about 700 unused points because there is seldom anything I want! When I do select samples these days, I choose things that other might like; they go in my boxes to giveaway winners, who, I hope, will like them.

I still spend a bloody fortune. I just don't feel as good about it as I used to. Some competition might shake up the queen of beauty stores!

Unknown said...

our 1st Sephora opened about a year go and I have only been there once or twice. I also did my purchases online because of the samples and because their discounts did not have a minimum purchase online. My main problem with them is that they dont coordinate sales and promotions online and in-store.

Charlestongirl said...

Yep! Spot-on, Anna. :)