Friday, January 1, 2010

La Mer The Eye Concentrate

I am a huge fan of all things La Mer. As I scanned my posts from the last six months, I realized I hadn't written about La Mer's The Eye Concentrate ($165), one of the best eye creams I use, particularly for the harsh symptoms of winter.

This eye cream is nothing short of fabulous. Its price makes it a luxury eye treatment to remedy the appearance of lines and wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness. Use it and you will banish the blahs that come with winter air - or the passing of time.

The Eye Concentrate is infused with three forms of La Mer's Miracle Broth, the healing and hydrating ingredient that is the foundation of the La Mer line. After my skin soaks up The Eye Concentrate, I look rested - radiance restored - and hydrated. When your skin is well hydrated, those fine lines will disappear. The Eye Concentrate also contains marine, plant, and antioxidant ingredients selected to improve elasticity and tone and protect skin cells from free-radical damage.

An unusual ingredient is hematite, a naturally magnetic iron oxide. Hematite is believed to restore resiliency and tone to mature skin and slow down the aging process by boosting collagen production. You will find it in a very limited number of skin care products.

The Eye Concentrate works in tandem with a specially-engineered, silver-tipped applicator - a little gizmo that helps cool the skin, immediately improving micro-circulation. I have to admit, I don't use the gizmo. Maybe I'm missing out on something big, but I like The Eye Concentrate just fine without the gizmo. If you want to follow directions and use the gizmo, you should dab a small amount around your eye contour and gently sweep or pat it thoroughly with the gizmo, morning and evening (I pat with my finger). Follow with Crème de la Mer, but not too close to your eyes.

I have sensitive, reactive skin. Many eye creams make the skin around my eyes red, and on application they make my eyes burn. Not this one! It's like my second skin.

I'm not sure how La Mer selects the reviews it posts on its site, but there are nothing but raves for The Eye Concentrate at this link. There's a good reason for that. This is the crème de la crème of eye care products. I like it more than La Mer's The Eye Balm ($140).

A little of this product goes a long way. If you make the investment, a jar should last you at least six months - maybe more. You can find The Eye Concentrate at Saks, Neiman Marcus, and La Mer's Web site.

Photo courtesy of La Mer

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i always wondered how effective La Mer products are because of all the hype and marketing. Nice to know that they eye treatment is effective- for that amount of money I expect a lot from any skin product :)

Charlestongirl said...

There is one thing you can always count on: La Mer skin care. That's why there are so many devotees. :)

Jaime Appenzeller said...

I never used eye cream before the Arbonne NurtiminC RE9 REpair Corrective Eye cream. I love it. pH correct to the skin so you don't get a reaction and the small bottle will last almost 9 months. Did you know you can use your eye cream for the fine wrinkles around your mouth? This is a great product for the price tag of just $49.