Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sisley Paris Comfort Extrême Mains

Sisley's Comfort Extrême Mains ($100) is a new beauty product for dry and dehydrated hands. The Sisley Comfort Extrême products are fabulous for "traumatized" or dry, dehydrated skin. I love the Day Cream and Night Skin Care! Now we have a specialized Comfort Extrême for our hands.

This luxurious new hand cream is lightweight, rich, and quickly absorbed. It penetrates instantly without leaving an oily or sticky film and immediately smoothes, softens, repairs, and protects your hands. Our hands are probably the most neglected part of our bodies these days; we wash them so frequently to avoid the transmission of viruses that we dry them out - even in warm weather. Now that it's cold and dry, my hands are suffering! Sisley's new product is designed to pamper our hard-working hands.

Comfort Extrême Mains, like all Sisley products, is laden with natural plant extracts that have proven efficacy. The following ingredients will nourish and moisturize your hands and help return their elasticity.
  • Shea butter
  • Sunflower oil
  • Guava, carrot, and vegetal glycerin extracts
  • Harpagophytum extract
Harpagophytum is a member of the sesame family. Its large, tuberous roots have been used medicinally to reduce pain and fever. It has also been used to treat arthritis and improve the vitality of joints. It's perfect for anyone whose hands are starting to show knobby spurs from arthritis or whose hands are so dry they hurt!

Good for you skin, and good for your nails and cuticles, this hand cream is a welcome addition to the Sisley skin care line. Love it! I also like the container. Turn the cap to open the central dispenser and squeeze out just the right amount. No waste, no contamination! You can throw this cream in your purse without fear that it will leak. That way, you can use it throughout the day whenever your hands feel dry.

Today, I had a very special treat. The wonderful Sisley Beauty Team at Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria gave me a complimentary PerfectSense Paraffin and Aromatherapy (lavender) Hand Treatment. The PerfectSense Paraffin System uses all-natural mineral heating technology to provide the ultimate hydrating and deep-heat treatment. After a massage with hand cream, they put heated PerfectSense treatment gloves on my hands and then covered them with white terrycloth mitts. I relaxed for 10 minutes and then got a second hand massage. It was divine. My hands were so soft after the treatment, and they are still soft, a few hours later. I could get used to that kind of indulgence! My thanks to Sisley for taking such good care of me!

You can purchase Comfort Extrême Mains at Neiman Marcus, Saks, and at select Nordstrom stores. If you live anywhere near Tysons, though, I would head over soon for a deep-heat hand treatment! There's also an upcoming event that may interest you local gals. The Neiman Marcus Sisley team at Tysons is having a facial event on February 18, 19, and 20. If you want to make an appointment to be pampered, give them a call at (703) 761-1600, extension 3230.

Photo courtesy of Neiman Marcus

2 comments:

Unknown said...

is it waterproof?

Charlestongirl said...

Not really. It is healing, but you have to reapply after a good hand scrubbing.

My hands were really uncomfortably dry this morning, so I applied it before I left for work. I had it on for about two hours before I washed my hands, and I have washed them a couple of times since. They don't hurt anymore, though, so I'm happy!