Wednesday, January 27, 2010

YSL Beauty's Spring 2010 Collection for Face and Cheeks

YSL's Spring 2010 Look is very pretty! I've lost count of how many times I've called a spring 2010 makeup collection pretty. There's a clear pink and peach trend for spring, and I'm delighted by the feminine appeal of all the new colors.

I remember talking to Armani's Celebrity Face Designer, Tim Quinn, last fall about the colors for spring, and he told me it would be all about pink and peach. Tim, you were absolutely right!

YSL Beauty joins its cosmetics colleagues in offering us a pretty-in-pink season. While I'm not into bright blue eyelids, that's irrelevant. The artistic photos aren't about reality anyhow. There are many pieces to love in the new collection, so I'll break up my impressions into multiple posts.

I'm a pushover for highlighters and blushers, and my first two picks from the YSL collection that I purchased at Nordstrom were the two new Y-Mail Complexion Palettes.

Y-Mail Complexion Palette #1 Face Highlighter ($65 and shown at right) is a limited-edition palette that highlights the face with three light pearly shades that add a pink glow to the skin when swirled together on a powder or blush brush. The colors are very sheer and have a subtle sparkle that works for day.

Y-Mail Complexion Palette #2 Blush Highlighter ($65) is a limited-edition blusher. Three shades, shown at left - nude, peach, and pink - combine to add a luminous glow to the cheeks.

Both palettes provide sheer, light color. They are fabulous on my fair skin. On darker skin, they might add more "highlight" than color.

Each palette comes packaged in a YSL "handbag" of its very own, a little black tote that has the Yves Saint Laurent name and address, with a stamp and postmark on one side (see photo below). It's a gimmick to me, but I'm sure there are collectors out there who will like the packaging more than the makeup. It is darling, but what am I going to do with the little tote? I'm into the makeup!

Right now, YSL Beauty is offering free shipping on all orders. The collection is also available at Saks and Nordstrom.

Photos courtesy of Saks and YSL Beauty

4 comments:

Fab Over 40 said...

Love the #2 Highlighter/Blush palette. Well, both are gorgeous, but that one looks like I might have to cave and get it!

Charlestongirl said...

Good choice, Fab! If I had been frugal that day, #2 would have been my first choice.

Bonnie C. said...

Thanks for showing us some of YSL's spring offerings. :-) Can't wait to see what else you have to review. :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Yummy lip gloss and a great eye shadow duo, Bonnie!