Friday, January 8, 2010

Guerlain KissKiss Strass Lip Color for Spring 2010

On Sunday, when I introduced the Guerlain Cherry Blossom Collection for Spring 2010, I mentioned that the 10 KissKiss Strass Lip Colors ($31) knocked my socks off. I'm still smitten!

The 10 KissKiss Strass ($31) Crystal Shine shades are some of the nicest transparent, shimmering, sparkling, gloss-like lipsticks I have seen in a very long time. They have mother of pearl in them, along with hyaluronic acid microspheres (like little sponges) to maintain optimal lip hydration. The shades are all irresistible - in Red Gold, Yellow Gold, and Pink Gold families.

I purchased one to start, and it's in the Yellow Gold family - kind of strange to me. Although it has a touch of brown in it, it is very mauve. I finally got home from work early enough to get some photos (just a bit dark and grainy) so that I could show you how beautiful #343 Brun Satin is. The color appears dark in the tube, but on the skin, it's a beautiful, transparent, shiny lip-enhancing color.

I have worn #343 every day since I bought it. I am so excited about it that I plan to go on a hoarding trip this weekend - either that or start calling my favorite department store reps to get a few more set aside for me. I would like to have two more Brun Satins, one Rose Strass, and one of the true brown shades. This lipstick-lip gloss hybrid falls into my definition of "perfect." Others must agree because Nordstrom had sold out of this shade, so I made the trek down to Bloomingdale's to find it.

You can purchase the KissKiss Strass Lip Colors at Nordstrom, Saks, Bloomingdale's, or wherever you usually find Guerlain. It's worth a trip to see them!


Top photo courtesy of Nordstrom

1 comment:

Charlestongirl said...

You wouldn't believe what I had to do to get two more of these! Nordstrom and Bloomies are both sold out of #343, so I called Loyd at Saks Chevy Chase. He was able to grab two for me. Pfew! The chase is over.