Saturday, January 9, 2010

Lancome Ô My Rose Collection for Spring 2010

Lancome's Ô My Rose Collection is on trend for Spring 2010 - very pretty! I went to the mall today to find it. It was in store at Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's, but not at Macy's or Lord & Taylor. There are some gorgeous pieces in the collection.

I have no willpower! I'm trying to purchase only the best of the best (it's not like I need makeup). Despite that resolution, I came home with five pieces, and I'm seriously considering a sixth.

There are two limited-edition Sensational Effects Eye Shadow Quads ($42), Pop'n Green (shown here) and Kissed by Copper. Pop'n Green is drop-dead gorgeous. It's shown on the model in the photo. Although most of us won't wear 360-degree green, the teal shadow, placed discretely, is very flattering. The other three shades, worn alone or mixed and matched, are fabulous. Kissed by Copper, the other new quad, offers an alternative for women looking for warmer copper and brown shades.

Pop'n Green is one of three looks created by Aaron De Mey, Lancôme’s International Artistic Director for Makeup, for the Ô My Rose Collection. You can create your own Pop'n Green look by applying the lightest shade from lash to brow to open up the eyes and highlight the inner corner of the eyes. Mix the mossy green and teal shadows together until you find the perfect shade for you - apply to the lash line and into the crease and blend away any hard edges with a blending brush.

A new gel Teal Delight Ink Artliner ($23.50) or the
Le Crayon Khôl Waterproof Eye Liner ($24.50) in Teal Kiss complete the eyelids. You can use your favorite mascara on your lashes.

The Pop'n Green look for eyes is cool-toned. Pop'n Cheeks Gentle & Lasting Blush ($35) will warm up your face with its collage of coral, pink, and gold. This is a stunning blusher - pretty in the pan and pretty on the face.

I'll save the new lip colors for another posting - coming soon!

Photos courtesy of Lancome

2 comments:

Bonnie C. said...

I am so thrilled you posted about this collection! I don't know how you show any restraint, because I would be so tempted to get EVERYTHING (total fantasy though, as I barely have a drugstore budget:-). I clicked on the promo photo to get a closer look at the model's eyes in those greens, and they are so lovely, I felt like this set of greens was particularly well done (and since I'm a cool toned gal I was glad to see some lovely cool greens:-). I also think that teal artliner would be great, it looks like a nice color (color, but not too electric:-). And even though I'm not so much a blush girl I thought this one was so beautiful! I love when blush and face colors come in a collage type setting, and especially when they do a mosaic design like they did here. :-) I can't wait to see what else you bring us for spring! :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Bonnie, the teals are irresistible. I did buy that teal artliner. It was like it was saying, "Take me with you; you know you have green in your blue eyes. I'm all you need to bring it out." :)