Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lancome L'Absolu Rouge Chris & Tell

First impression...

This year's Lancome Pout-a-Porter lipstick, a very limited-edition wonder, is Chris & Tell ($29), the L'Absolu Rouge lipstick that was developed in collaboration with the New York-based fashion designer Chris Benz.

Slated for February introduction, it is already sold out at Lancome.com. It has arrived at Saks Fifth Avenue. If you want one, hurry! Call your local Saks to get on the waiting list. I did that about a week ago, and I picked up Chris & Tell yesterday.

Described by many as a peach or pinky-peach shade, it looks creamy orange on me. It's bright and pigmented. I had on a flashy pink jacket when I applied it for the first time, and my trusted makeup advisor Loyd Cassler grabbed a tissue for me to get it off quickly - proof that it looked hideous on me (a cool-toned, fair-skinned blond). Drat! I'll try it again when it won't clash with my clothing, and I'm in a summer mood. With a gloss on top to add some pink or brown it down, I may like it. Doubtful, but possible.

If you can wear orange-toned lips, you will want this lipstick. It has already been spotted on some pretty influential women, including Rachel Zoe, Eva Mendes, and Anne Hathaway. You will note that they have different coloring. There's a big audience for this lip color, and it will look fresh for spring and summer on the right women.

If you don't have a Saks near you, the Chevy Chase Lancome counter would be happy to charge and send. You can call them at (301) 657-9000. Make sure to press "0" when the automated operator picks up. Ask for the Lancome counter.

As for mine? One lucky dark-skinned friend will probably inherit it.

Photo courtesy of Lancome

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i am very fair myself and i think this kind of lipstick would compliment tan skin the most. or i would also try it out in summer when my skin gets a little darker.

Norma said...

Oh, oddly enough I have red hair, green eyes, and a warm undertone, and peaches and brown-reds and the right tone of orange looks great -- I am now lemming after this horribly. Drat. Guess who is going to be calling Chevy Chase?

Charlestongirl said...

Norma, hurry! I was at Saks Tysons Corner today, and they have already sold every one of the 14 units they got.