Thursday, January 14, 2010

Filles des Iles Floral Pétillant

The Filles des Iles Sunny Fragrance Collection has four Eau de Toilette sprays. My choice - unseen and unsmelled - was Floral Pétillant ($36), described as a sparkling floral.

Here's what grabbed my attention at b~glowing.

Floral Pétillant is juicy and refreshing, combining exotic fruits of mandarin and pear with tangy orange and bergamot. This quenching delight rests on a soothing bed of almond and musk. Fresh and delightfully alluring.

The Filles des Iles collection promises sun, hot sand, juicy exotic fruits, tropical breezes, and more. This is the time of year when I want to be reminded that spring and summer are coming. I won't be jetting to St. Barth, so I need to take mental trips (don't go there - I know what you are thinking). What better way than with fragrance?

The top notes are orange, mandarin, and bergamot rinds, and the middle notes are Nashi pear, pear, may flowers, and plum tree blossoms. The base notes are musk, almond, and sandalwood.

The opening burst of Floral Pétillant is a bit raw, but I don't mean that in a bad way. My favorite orange blossom fragrance has been described as raw. Then, a smell-me, I'm-a-bit-mysterious scent emerges. I just don't smell pear. Maybe there's something wrong with my winter nose! I'm not sure what I smell, other than a sparkling (there's that zippy marketing word) melange of fruits and flowers. There isn't a dominant note. The fragrance mellows quickly. To my nose, the lasting base is dominated by white musk.

Floral Pétillant lasts an incredibly long time for a eau de toilette - about six hours on me. While this isn't my favorite fruit-laden fragrance, I'll be wearing it again when I want to fly away.

You can find Filles des Iles Floral Pétillant at b~glowing and Beautyhabit. It's available in a spray and roll-on. At b~glowing, there's a "New Year...New You!" promotion: 20% 0ff a purchase of $50 or more if you use code DEVOTEE now through January 19. It's a great time to try a new fragrance!

Photo courtesy of b~glowing

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this sounds like another lovely fragrance- all my favorite notes! when summer comes around you may be able to smell the pear too. i find that many of my perfumes smell so different, depending on the season and sometimes the weather too.

Charlestongirl said...

I sure hope so, Anna. I love the scent of pears, but I just can't smell them. I'll wait for a nice stretch of warmer weather to see if "pear" appears!