Monday, February 1, 2010

Bobbi Brown Cabana Corals Collection - Part 3

In this third installment of the "Cabana Corals Show by Bobbi Brown," I'll tell you about Bobbi's new lip and cheek shades for spring.

Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks ($22), is available in two new shades, Cabo Coral and Calypso Coral. This cream-based formula is great on both lips and cheeks for a sheer, stained finish. It's creamy and easy to blend - just pat on lips and cheeks for a beachy pop of color.

To use as a blush, start on the apples of your cheeks, blending up towards the hairline, then downwards to blend and soften the color. You can use your fingertips or a foundation brush. For drier skins, be sure to moisturize first. It's easier to work the product into your skin.

The Calypso shades in the Pot Rouge and Metallic Lip Color worked for me, even though I'm not a coral natural. The Calypsos have a touch of pink in them, just enough to warm my cool complexion without contradicting it.

There are five new lipsticks in the collection: three Metallic Lip Colors and three classic Lip Colors. Because I love the metallics, my choice was Calypso Glaze ($22). Metallic Lip Color is made with a unique combination of high-shine emollients and light-reflective pearls for medium coverage and multi-dimensional shimmer. Like the Pot Calypso Coral Pot Rouge, the Calypso Glaze Metallic Lip Color has just enough pink in it to make it work for me.

The other two Metallic Lip Colors are Coral Reef and Coral Glaze. The new Lip Colors (also $22) in Bobbi's classic, rich, full-coverage lipstick with a matte finish are Guava and the limited-edition Cabo Coral.

Last up are three new shades of Shimmer Lip Gloss ($20): Sunset Beach, Golden Nectar, and Coral Sand. All three are gorgeous. I allowed myself one of them, and my choice was Golden Nectar, a peach-coral shimmer that's a bit different from the other glosses in my collection. I was very tempted, though, by Sunset Beach and may have to return for it!

The Cabana Corals are exciting! What I like the most is that every one of us, no matter what skin tone or hair color, will find a few new pieces to help us spring into a new season with wearable colors and a fresh outlook.

You can now find Cabana Corals just about everywhere Bobbi Brown products are sold. I've seen the collection in all of the local stores, and it's also available at Bobbi Brown's Web site.

Photos courtesy of Bobbi Brown

No comments: