Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tarina Tarantino - Sephora's New Exclusive

We've seen that pink is hot for spring. Now, Tarina Tarantino, a gal with fuchsia hair, has introduced a makeup line that made me think "Barbie" when my new Sephora catalog arrived. If the makeup isn't pink, its container is.

I must be culturally deprived. I didn't know that Tarina Tarantino is considered the "Queen of Irreverent Luxury." I first read it as "irrelevant." Sephora says she has brought her passion for self-expression and playfulness to her new cosmetic collection.

Sephora may have lost its way. Many of us have been disenchanted with the company for months (if not years). Head over to The Non-Blonde and read Gaia's post and the many comments on shopping at Sephora.

Last night, I hopped on Sephora's Web site to order some pretty new things I had seen in their Spring 2010 Beauty Report. I was very disappointed by the selection of free and 100-point samples. I do not need men's fragrance, and I don't want to "spend" 100 points on Sephora's own brand. That left me bailing out of an order they might have wanted, given the economy. I am aware that you can't complain too much about freebies, but Sephora set the expectations - not us! This new Tarantino collection will appeal to teens - and perhaps gals in their 20s. They appear to be Sephora's target market these days, so perhaps this new line results from brilliant marketing.

Back to Tarantino. Check out her world at the Tarina Tarantino Web site. Then head over to Sephora to see the new selections, all of which are listed as "coming soon." I'd like to see the collection in person. If you see it, please let me know what you think!

Photo courtesy of Sephora

2 comments:

Bonnie C. said...

You aren't culturally deprived, I didn't know this lady was the Queen of Irreverent Luxury" either. :-) I haven't seen any of her stuff, though I have seen many people mention it. I'm not a huge fan of the barbie pink motif, but that's just me. I also agree with you on Sephora's samples, particularly the male fragrance options. I know there must be guys out there that order from Sephora, but they certainly aren't enough of the majority to warrant that many fragrance samples. :-) Thanks for your thoughts!

Charlestongirl said...

I need to head back over to Sephora to see if the goodies have improved. They did send some Beauty Insider offers in the last day. Was too busy with "survival mode" to pay much attention to them.

You can bet the majority of Sephora's customers are very young women! You can tell by walking into a store. Maybe they want those men's fragrance samples for their boyfriends? I can't figure out how all those teenagers get so much money for makeup! In my area, though, their parents are "indulgent" beyond belief.