Monday, February 22, 2010

Sisley Phyto Blush and the Neiman Marcus Beauty Event

This past week, I had a marvelous complimentary facial at Neiman Marcus - one hour of pure bliss, courtesy of Simone Noorestani! I will tell you about it later this week. After my facial, Janette Glynn, did a pretty makeup application, using some special Sisley colors. One that I particularly liked was Phyto Blush ($85) in #4, Rose.

I'm a pushover for multi-shade blushers. I think they give a depth to the cheeks that single-color blushers don't achieve. I like to mix colors on my brush (thank you, Loyd Cassler!), and that's easy when I can swirl the brush across multiple colors in the pan.

Sisley's Phyto Blush, which comes in four shades, has two colors - light and dark shades of the same color family - in the pan. The color, when applied, is transparent, lively, natural, and radiant. The Phyto Blush powder is "ultra-fine," meaning it adds light, sheer color that's buildable. This blush has light-reflecting properties, which minimize surface irregularities and impart a soft-focus look. One of the ingredients, mother of pearl, adds a subtle glow - no shimmer, just a soft glow.

The available colors are Rose, Litchi, Mango, and Peach. Rose is perfect for me. Any of them would last you a long time because the pan is relatively large.

Beauty Week starts on February 25 at Neiman Marcus. With any $100 beauty or fragrance purchase, you will take home an "überchic" denim bag in your choice of colors, filled with goodies. Additionally, there are many gifts with purchase within the beauty department. Sisley's gift is fabulous! See them all at this link. Pre-sale has already started, so visit now if you can, or call your favorite beauty rep and place your order. It's so hectic once the event starts. I like a more leisurely shopping experience.

If you shop at the Neiman Marcus at Tysons Corner and are interested in the Sisley gift, call Loula Ayoub at (703) 761-1600, extension 3230, to line up a purchase.

Photo courtesy of Neiman Marcus

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you on duo-color blushes. I usually use mono blush and the add shimmer, to make blush look more natural.

Charlestongirl said...

Nice idea, Anna! I'll bet you glow!