Sunday, February 28, 2010

Juliette Has a Gun Miss Charming

You'll remember that I reviewed Lady Vengeance recently. My friends got a huge laugh out of the naming of Juliette Has a Gun and Lady Vengeance! They loved the fragrance, though. You would be amazed at the compliments when I wore it! Even the woman behind the grill at the cafeteria at work got a whiff and loved it (and I didn't have too much on - I swear). I'll be expecting the same results when I wear Miss Charming ($80 or $110, depending on size), the second Juliette Has a Gun fragrance I purchased at Henri Bendel. I wore it all weekend, and I love it.

To recap my experience at Henri Bendel, when I walked into the fragrance department and mentioned my love of roses. Lady Vengeance was the first Eau de Parfum I was given to try. Miss Charming was the second. I loved them both and couldn't make up my mind. They have many similarities, but there were differences upon application that made the choice too hard! Since Bendel was having a sale - the discount was based on the amount spent - I didn't have to make that tough choice. I bought them both.

Miss Charming is the essence of Moroccan rose with wild strawberry, lychee, and musk. Like Lady Vengeance, it's the modern expression, developed by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian, of Romano Ricci's enchantment with Juliette, as she pines for her Romeo. This fragrance is intended to evoke the sweet, innocent, and joyful Juliette. It's perky, whimsical, and flirty!

The top and middle notes of Miss Charming are dominated by old rose and fruity wild strawberry and lychee notes. It doesn't take long for the scent to dry down to a powdery rose - a "comfortable" rose that's easy to smell and easy to wear. The musk adds a bit of elegance to the base notes.

I have to mention the packaging again! The red ribbon-tied white cylindrical box is heavy, well-designed, and classy, and the white spray bottle with black and red script is unique. I won't have any trouble finding it in my perfume collection.

Most sophisticated "noses" (the fragrance experts) prefer Lady Vengeance to Miss Charming - possibly because it's a little more complex. I love them both, and I can't wait to see if my colleagues at work can detect the difference!

You can purchase the Juliette Has a Gun fragrances at Henri Bendel, Beautyhabit, and LuckyScent. If you search online, you will also find other sources. If you are interested in finding a fragrance with your favorite notes, give Giuseppe Intili at Henri Bendel a call at (212) 904-7990. He will take good care of you! Tell him your likes and dislikes. You may have a new favorite winging your way in no time.

Photo courtesy of Beautyhabit

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i so wish we had a Bendel store around :)

Charlestongirl said...

It's probably a good thing I don't live in New York! :)