Friday, February 12, 2010

The Friday Forum - February 12 - Plus Thank You

Amazing photo from a blog I found on BBC! I guess you have to love snow to make a magnificent snow cat! Is that a little dog checking out the kitty's rear end? Isn't that what dogs have to do?

I want to start today's forum by thanking you, my faithful Best Things in Beauty readers. I launched this blog in early July of 2009, with no real expectations, just a desire to have some fun. I have been a beauty and fashion addict for many years (I got the print edition of WWD when I was in undergraduate school - and that was a long time ago!). I'm a "fixture" at our local beauty departments, and my online beauty bills are staggering. I hope I don't miss that money when I retire - if I can retire.

Feedburner and my automated counters tell me that there are now between 9,000 and 10,000 unique visitors to Best Things in Beauty every month, and the total continues to increase with each new month. I am blown away by that! I've only been blogging for seven full months. While those numbers can't compare to the established blogs, I am delighted! I love all of you and thank you for coming back again and again. I'm also surprised by the many overseas visitors who visit the blog each day, often arriving for the first time from searches. I have had to look up some of your towns to figure out where you live! I'm getting a geography lesson.

So, a heartfelt thank you, a welcome if it's your first visit, and a request. Please let me know if there is anything you would like me to cover, as long as it has some relationship to beauty. I write about my own passions, but they may not be yours. I'd like to know what's on your mind. Have any questions? I'm a skin care junkie and a makeup maven. My makeup artist friends always have a laugh over the latter because they can never coach me into really bright colors. I want to wear colors that enhance my appearance, but I don't want to look like a baby boomer fashion victim.

Enough about me! The Friday Forum is devoted to what you have to say about anything related to beauty. Let's chat! Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Tell us about it! Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Tell us why! Do you have questions others might be able to answer? We can help! Want to talk about skin care? I'm game! Just use the comments.

As usual, I will share beauty bits with you over the weekend. I'll put them in the comments, so check for free shipping offers and other treats from beauty companies. It's a long weekend for some of us, with the Presidents' Day Holiday on Monday, and the offers are already rolling in.

The microphone is yours! Love you all!

Photo courtesy of bbc.co.uk/blogs/victoriaderbyshire

13 comments:

Karen said...

Best of luck on the next 7 months!!

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Karen! And thanks for reading.

ihavecat said...

ongrats on your success! thanks so much for stopping by I HAVE CAT and for commenting! hope you come by again soon! I LOVE the snowcat! tehe!
T

Bonnie C. said...

Thank YOU for originating Best Things in Beauty. I find it to be one of the best beauty blogs out there, and I really appreciate the personal contact and exchange that you have with your readers. I love the product choices that you review and show us, and enjoy reading about them. I am really looking forward to all you bring us in the future! :-) Congratulations on all your success! :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks for the shout out, Ihave cat! That was an engaging post. I'll send my animal-loving friends over. Cure story: http://ihavecat.wordpress.com/2010/02/12/married-with-cat-s/#more-2659

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Bonnie! You are always so sweet. Would love to meet you some day.

I hope your state is one of the few without snow!

Charlestongirl said...

A cool offer from Chanel! Experience the new Rouge Coco Lip Color before the collection makes its debut. Get a four-shade sample set (in those tiny "pans" on a card) with any $85 purchase at Chanel.com. Enter code 0210ROUGECOCO at checkout. Free shipping too! Offer expires February 14. The new lipsticks will be at Chanel counters on February 25.

Unknown said...

congrats on your blog's popularity- and many more readers to come. i find that i enjoy reading more about organic brands since they helped my picky skin a lot :)

Charlestongirl said...

Stila LOVES YOU! That's why they want you to have the FREE precious pearl palette with any order of $40 or more. Use code FASHION (ends Monday).

Charlestongirl said...

Anna,

Thank you! I am working my way through all the new organic brands and products for the same reason. My skin loves them!

Charlestongirl said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Enjoy Free shipping and a free Rose Body Butter with your $25 + purchase today & tomorrow (14 & 15) at korresusa.com! Use code VDAY.

Charlestongirl said...

Comments on blog: I want to use this comment to let readers know that I deleted three comments from the Tarte post this morning (2/15). I delete comments with embedded links that have nothing to do with the post. They are advertisements with hyperlinks embedded, and it's always possible the advertisements are dangerous. These always come in during the middle of the night (high time for hackers and other Internet bad guys).

Rather than moderating the comments, which means I have to be available when I'm not, I delete them as soon as I see them. If you are a BTiB reader and see a hyperlink in a comment, do not click on the link unless you are "dead sure" that it's legit. My hyperlinks will always be legit. Those are comments with the orange Blogger "B" logo and "Charlestongirl" as a hyperlink. Other blogger links can be trusted, but you should probably go to your location bar and type them in, rather than clicking on them if you are curious about the blogger who commented.

Advertising links will be deleted unless I know the individual commenting or have verified the safety of the destination.

Charlestongirl said...

Great offer from Bobbi Brown! With any $75 purchase, receive a Champagne Quartz Eye Quad Collection, a mini Black Everything Mascara, a mini nylon cosmetics case, and free shipping. Use code EYES5 at checkout. Offer expires on February 19.