Wednesday, February 10, 2010

M·A·C VIVA GLAM

Time to wham up the GLAM in M·A·C's VIVA GLAM - right in time for New York Fashion Week! The M·A·C AIDS Fund and the VIVA GLAM program are the heart and soul of M·A·C Cosmetics - and a cause that matters to all of us. M·A·C has made it easy to join them. All we have to do is purchase a VIVA GLAM lipstick! Or two.

Cyndi Lauper and Lady Gaga have teamed to promote the new M·A·C VIVA GLAM introductions. You can join the "gaga-glamorous" gals by supporting M·A·C's abiding passion. Every cent of the selling price of VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass is donated to the M·A·C AIDS Fund to support men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS. This year's campaign has a special focus - women living with HIV. I'll let M·A·C tell you about it.

Lady Gaga and Cyndi Lauper: They love lipstick. They love fashion. And they want to tell girls all over the world how to keep their love life safe, seductive, and satisfying with eyes wide open to the facts about women and HIV/AIDS. These sizzling, sensuous self-created divas are channeling their high-voltage energy for VIVA GLAM and igniting From Our Lips - the new M·A·C Cosmetics VIVA GLAM campaign. In honor of all of the women who are living with the HIV/AIDS virus, and those working to curb its spread, the M·A·C AIDS Fund will announce $2.5 million in donations to fund model programs that address the vulnerabilities and inequities that place women at increased risk for HIV/AIDS.

From John Demsey, Group President, Estee Lauder Companies and Chairman, M·A·C AIDS Fund: "We're raising the VIVA GLAM bar this year with the voices of two incredible artists. Lady Gaga and Cyndi Lauper are bringing women's issues to the forefront of the HIV/AIDS crisis. We have one artist that hit the music industry at the beginning of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the 1980s, and another that is explosively popular with young people today. They represent different generations that are equally affected by this disease, and both are helping to spread the message of the power of one lipstick."

VIVA GLAM Cyndi ($14) features a high-lustre finish and a light coral-red color. VIVA GLAM Gaga (also $14) has a high-lustre finish and a cool blue-pink shade. Each tube carries the artist's signature. What shade will you be wearing?

Photo courtesy of M·A·C

5 comments:

Marley's Mom said...

I think I'm leaning toward the Cyndi shade. The Gaga one looks really light.

Charlestongirl said...

I want to see them in person to select. If it's not too light, I want the Gaga shade. If it's borderline for me, I can add a brown gloss on top.

I often change my mind when I see the colors in the store. If only I could get to a store!

This weekend! There will be several shopping opportunities. :)

Anonymous said...

I love MAC Viva Glam products!

Charlestongirl said...

Me too! And I love the generosity of MAC!

Unknown said...

I love Gaga shade- it may look different on my lips, they are very dark pink