Thursday, February 25, 2010

Possibly a Great Deal - Laura Geller Sale - If the Site Works for You

I try to pass along the great deals. This appears to be a great deal! To celebrate Laura Geller's redesigned Web site, Geller is offering a 20% discount on your Laura Geller.com purchases. This offer is active through February 27. Use code NEWLG at checkout. You will also receive a Free Lip Heal and Seal with your online purchase through February 28. I suggest you call and order by phone. The new site has some serious issues.

I love Laura Geller makeup, especially the Baked Collection! I wanted to order from the new site this afternoon, and I really tried to shop and place an order. I don't enjoy writing negative pieces, but this one deserves a mention. I was very disappointed.

Unfortunately, the new Web site has some serious issues. Be careful where you click. Don't click on the titles of items if you attempt to browse. Click on the pictures. Otherwise, you will get an error message.

I was not able to place a sizable order from my browser, Firefox. I called Customer Service, and they were no help. The woman who answered, being prompted by someone shouting in the background, actually said to me, "Did you make sure to enter the correct information?" Duh! After some other inane queries, all of which were based on the assumption that I'm an idiot, I gave up on her. When they assume the customer is always wrong, they have a problem. I'm still wondering why she didn't just offer to take my order by phone! It was a hefty order, but she didn't care.

Then I tried to use a different browser, Internet Explorer, and got continuous Web site security alerts - with every click to move on. That was so frustrating, I gave up again. It was 40 minutes from start to finish, and I have better ways to spend my time.

I have given up. Nice offer, but it's too hard. Please let me know if you succeed.

I want to reiterate. I love Laura Geller. Her team let her down. This new site was not ready for prime time.

Update 2/26: I was finally able to place an order today after "telling" Firefox (big warning!) to ignore the fact that Laura Geller's Web site did not have the proper security certificate and that I understood the risk of going to an imposter site. Hope my credit card data didn't land in the wrong hands!

Photo courtesy of Laura Geller

4 comments:

Marley's Mom said...

That sounds dangerous! Hope the makeup was worth it.

Charlestongirl said...

I know, Marley's Mom, I hope my credit card is safe. I don't think I've ever had such a challenge ordering online!

Bonnie C. said...

I can't believe they didn't treat you better! I hope someone from Laura's team reads this and then sends you an extra gift for all of your trouble. :-) The person on the phone shouldn't treat anyone like that, but I bet if she ever found out that you were a blogger she'd definitely have some regrets.

So are you going to be doing a review once you receive your items? I would love to know you opinion on her products; she seems like such a fun lady (I watch her on QVC) and her products sound great, but it's hard to tell on TV when they're trying to sell stuff.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bonnie,

I will review the items as soon as I have an chance to use them! They should arrive later this week, I think. Laura Geller products are, generally, great, so the TV pieces are "real." I really love the baked cheek colors.

What I had hoped when I wrote the piece was that someone from Geller's organization would fix their system! If you don't know it has problems, you can't fix it. That would be reward enough!