Saturday, February 20, 2010

LIERAC Hydra-Chrono for Anti-Aging Hydration

How I love LIERAC's Hydra-Chrono line! I use both the Hydra-Chrono Baume Extrême ($50) and the Hydra-Chrono Crème Intense ($50). I tend to use the Crème Intense in the warm months and the Balm Extrême in the cold months, but I mix it up. Lately, I have been using Baume Extrême exclusively because the cold, dry air is trying to dessicate my skin! Even in the heat of summer, if I feel dry, I reach for the Baume Extrême.

Both moisturizers contain an aqua-pump complex and moisturizing agents to trap moisture and restore the skin’s hydrating systems. Enriched with an innovative combination of active ingredients, Hydra-Chrono plumps the skin from within, leaving it perfectly moisturized. When your skin is hydrated, wrinkles are less pronounced. So, you look young and refreshed!

The Baume Extrême ingredients include hydrolyzed almond protein, glycerin, apricot kernel oil, safflower seed oil, and porphyridium cruentum extract (derived from a type of red algae and containing the omega-3 fatty acid eicosapentaenoic acid, the omega-6 fatty acid arachidonic acid, and other skin-friendly ingredients such as polysaccharides), and NMF (a moisturizing complex, also known as Natural Moisturizing Factor, found in the corneum layer of the skin and comprised of hygroscopic, water-soluble substances that regulate this layer's selective permeability).

The Crème Intense shares many of the same ingredients and also features coconut oil and shea butter - both extremely hydrating.

Available at LIERAC's Web site, CVS, and Beauty.com, Hydra-Chrono has a very slight rose scent that smells great on application and then disappears - perfect for those of us who don't really like scents left behind from any product other than the fragrance we have selected.

LIERAC is a fabulous line, still better known in Europe than the United States. LIERAC hopes to change that! LIERAC products are priced mid-range, so it won't break the bank to give one a try. If you are looking for a great anti-aging moisturizer, I'd start with Hydra-Chrono! There are formulas for combination, dry, and super-dry skin. Even if you have oily skin, LIERAC has a solution for you. Check out their Web site where you can search for products by skin type.

Photo courtesy of LIERAC

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the smell of this cream- so yummy

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Anna. I love everything about these products! In fact, I think I'll go slather some on now. I could use some moisture!