Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bobbi Brown Violet Glaze Metallic Lip Color from Marrakesh Chic Fall 2011 Collection

Shimmer like you've never seen or felt before. Bobbi Brown's Metallic Lip Color ($23) features a flattering combination of high-shine emollients and light-reflective pearls. This creamy lipstick feels soft and comfortable on the lips and offers medium coverage.

Violet Glaze is featured in Bobbi Brown's Marrakesh Chic fall collection. Bobbi Brown created this collection with inspiration from the days of her week-long bicycle tour in Morocco. There are new, limited-edition Rich Color Eye Shadows and lipsticks in multiple Bobbi Brown formulas. Since I'm drawn to the metallics, Violet Glaze was a must-try.

I purchased Violet Glaze from Neiman Marcus sight unseen and, fortunately, I like it. It's a little bit brighter than the shades I live in, but I'll adapt. Would I have bought it if I had swatched first? Maybe not, but I know I'm too conservative.

Anyone who can wear blue-toned, cool pinks should check it out. As our seasons become boundless in terms of color choices, Violet Glaze offers a way to brighten your face when wearing a plum smoky eye - just the type featured in Bobbi's promotional photos for the Marrakesh Chic Collection.

My swatch photos were taken in full sun. In the photo above right, my arm was turned slightly away from the sun. Otherwise, the sparkles from the sun's reflection would have blinded you. In my swatch at the left, the sun hit my arm more directly, hence the higher shimmer level. On my lips, I would describe the shade as a shimmering violet pink. It's not a shade I'd call "metallic."

There is something for everyone in Bobbi Brown's new collection for fall. I know it's available at Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom, so it's probably available at your favorite Bobbi Brown counter.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom; swatch photos by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks very pretty! We seem drawn to many of the same colours. I'd love to raid your brain to learn your true favourites!

Larie said...

Oh, that's gorgeous! It is definitely a departure from the usual warm pinks.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi PP, that would take a VERY long time. Still digging out (later) that one shade you asked for this morning.

Charlestongirl said...

It is, Larie, that's why I need to get used to wearing it. :) It's pretty soft on the lips, though, so my transition should be easy.

anahita said...

Hi. I was wondering if you had a chance to check out the new shadows in the collection. What are your thoughts and are they worth getting? Thanks

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anahita,

I haven't see them in person yet. I've seen pictures, but that's not the same. :)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I missed out on BB school this summer because we were moving, and this makes me want to see it all the more! Thanks,A!

Polarbelle said...

I would love that shade. I also think it would be fantastic for your coloring.

Charlestongirl said...

The one I'm hyperventilating over is holiday, MamaVal! The gold shimmer brick is to die for!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Polarbelle,

It does look good. It shows much less blue on my lips. Perfect shade for now, actually.

Marina(Makeup4all) said...

This is SUCH a beautiful shade, thank you very much for your post!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Marina...what a wonderful time to tell you I love your blog!

lovethescents said...

This is very beautiful, indeed! I'm not sure if it's something I would reach for in the cool weather, though? It seems more summery, no?

Charlestongirl said...

I agree, Lovethescents, but it's actually a beautiful companion to the sultry, plummy eye colors.