Monday, October 18, 2010

bareMinerals High Shine Eyecolor

bareMinerals High Shine Eyecolor ($16), a new cream shadow, is available in six shades. It looked so good on Sephora's Web site, I selected four of them, sight unseen. I love cream shadows, and these looked irresistible. Right after I ordered them, I saw Kelly's swatches on Gouldylox Reviews, and I was sold - before they arrived.

This high-intensity eye shadow imparts a mega-watt sheen from naturally vibrant, 100% pure mineral pigments. The velvety-smooth formula glides on effortlessly for an extra creamy, very opaque, foiled effect. The directions say to gently shake the container and remove the cushion-tip wand, wiping the wand against the rim of the vial to remove excess product. Glide the shadow onto your eyelid. I add a last step, I smudge it with my finger for a lower-wattage and more transparent look. It's just as pretty, but more conservative. Don't know how you feel, but I think opaque metallic shadow is too outré for my coloring.

I purchased Bronzed (bronze brown), Glisten (golden sand), Patina (gilded khaki), and Frost (silver), shown top to bottom on my arm. All four were applied to my arm with the built-in wand without smudging. I think these four shades are fabulous.

My photo was taken in full sun. The two other shades offered, Electric (deep teal) and Moonshine (deep plum), looked too colorful for me, but I can imagine how pretty they would look on my dark-skinned friends.

Bronzed is a vibrant bronze - not cool, not warm - perfect for anyone. Glisten is a superstar; it's almost rose gold (no lavender, which I see in my photo). Patina is one of the prettiest metallic khakis I have ever used. Love it! Frost is silver, and although it leans blue, the photo makes it look too blue.

You're aware, I'm sure, that bareMinerals makeup is formulated without all of the ingredients we are tying to avoid, including preservatives and harsh chemicals. That's an extra-added benefit of these shadows.

If you want to see photos of each vial by color, head over to the Bare Escentuals Web site, where the High Shine Eye Color is also available. That means that the Bare Escentuals stores must have them too. You have your choice: Sephora, Bare Escentuals, or Ulta (Kelly found them there). How can you avoid a look-see?

Photo at top courtesy of Bare Escentuals

5 comments:

Beauty Reflections said...

OMG I can hardly wait to get one of these! Beautiful!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Beauty Reflections!

The really are exciting! Unique.

Valerie H. said...

We just got these in at the store I work for and I was nutsy about all of the colors. I tried on the plum because it was SO lovely! About an hour later, my eyelids started to itch and my eyes got red. I was so bummed!!! Hopefully, others won't experince the same thing.

Charlestongirl said...

Valerie,

Many plums have a red dye in them, and that particular dye is a known allergen. I got patch tested once to identify the source of my eyelid problems (it was a Lancome taupe shadow that had red dye in it). Try another color. Even chance it won't happen with a different shade. So often, it's the red dye.

Valerie H. said...

Thanks for passing on that info to me! It will be helpful to share with customers that have that issue, too. I want to try that khaki, so on Monday, I WILL!!