Monday, October 18, 2010

Saks Fifth Avenue Friends & Family

It's Friends & Family time at Saks Fifth Avenue. If you have a Saks near you, the event starts on Thursday, October 21, and runs through Saturday in store (I think). The discount in the beauty department is only 10%, but any discount is welcome these days!

This is the time to purchase those expensive beauty staples you use every day. I'll be stocking up on La Mer and Sisley skin care, and of course, I'll be purchasing the Giorgio Armani Beauty holiday sets if they arrive. There is a whole new line of YSL lipsticks I want to consider, and I need one of the new Guerlain Rouge G lipsticks that has sold out at Neiman Marcus. I'll wander by the fragrance department too, dragging Loyd Cassler with me to shop.

Friends & Family used to be a secret event. You had to be appreciated by someone in the store to be told. Now, it's open to everyone - certainly more democratic. At the Saks stores local to me, the event coincides with the cancer charity shopping events, so there's a double-good reason to shop later this week. Will you be there?

Update 10/24: Friends & Family ends today, Sunday, October 24.

Photo at top courtesy of Saks

5 comments:

Ouidad Blog said...

That's great they finally let the cat out of the bag and opened the sale to the pubic. This could be a great opportunity to go out and grab yourself a little something for the holiday season! ;-)

Katie for Ouidad

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Katie,

I think shoppers may have to ask for the discount, but if they ask, they will get it.

I added the Ouidad blog to my new corporate blogs section. Hope you saw it!

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

You usually have to say something to the sales associate you are working with to get the discount at least in my experience.

Charlestongirl said...

That was true before the recession. Now it depends on the SA or rep. Our darling Loyd offers it to everyone! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for adding us to your blogroll, we appreciate it! We have you on our blogroll as well under "Beauty Blogs."

I agree with the "just ask" mentality. I sometimes ask if there are any specials going on and they whip out a coupon I can use! This goes for any store.

Katie for Ouidad