Thursday, October 28, 2010

LORAC TIE DYE FOR Lip Gloss Collection for Holiday 2010

The holiday sets that my favorite cosmetics companies are introducing are irresistible. One day recently, an e-mail from LORAC popped into my box showing the new, limited-edition TIE DYE FOR Lip Gloss Collection ($25). How could I resist? The glosses looked unique, with their pretty swirls.

Once the set arrived, I vowed to buy more if they ever go on sale (not unlikely with LORAC). These full-sized lip glosses are absolutely gorgeous - and an incredible value. You get five glosses for $25!

The ultra-rich lip glosses feature a menage a trois of color swirls to create a one-of-a-kind high-shine gloss with highly pigmented color. The unique formula is infused with açaí berry and pomegranate to add a boost of powerful antioxidants to help nourish and protect your lips, while natural emollients, such as grape seed, apricot, and coconut oils, soothe and moisturize your lips.

The collection contains five TIE DYE FOR lip glosses.
  • FLAMING MIX (Red)
  • BERRY BLENDER (Purple)
  • SOCIAL MIXER (Pale pink)
  • IN THE MIX (Nude brown)
  • SHOCKING TWIST (Fuchsia)
That's the order in which they are shown in my swatch photo, top to bottom. The glosses were applied with their own brushes, and my photo was taken in full sun. My painting skills aren't great when I'm rushing, so my gloss lines are wavy. There's no mistaking the beauty of these shades, despite my artistic failures! Fortunately, when I'm applying gloss, my lips provide an outline to follow.

It's hard to select a favorite. I will probably reach for BERRY BLENDER most often, but how could anyone resist SOCIAL MIXER, shown on the model below? I'll wear every one of these shades. Love them!

Pop over to LORAC's Web site to see all of the Holiday 2010 beauties for yourself. Let me know if you succumb to the temptation.

Photos at top and bottom courtesy of LORAC

8 comments:

Charlott said...

Hi there!
I love your blog!
I would love if you stopped by my beauty-blog some time.
-Emma
makeupconfessions.blogspot.com

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Emma,

I'd love to. I'll do it this weekend.

Thanks!

Renee said...

Mmmm, Tye Dye lip gloss. There's a big party coming up downtown. I'll think I'll have to give it a try.

Charlestongirl said...

Renee, these glosses are an incredible value, along with being gorgeous! Have fun!

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

What makes them nice is how pigmented they are. Too often all glosses end up looking alike but these stand out.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Marcia,

Agreed! These are stunningly vivid. I love them!

Anonymous said...

i have these and LOVE them.... they make my lips feel moisturized and the colors are gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Anonymous! I wonder why there isn't more buzz about LORAC.