Friday, October 22, 2010

La Mer The Illuminating Powder Limited Edition

Did you see this? This morning, I received an e-mail from La Mer, showing me the limited-edition The Illuminating Powder ($95). It's described as a lightweight, radiant pressed powder infused with precious gemstones and shimmering pearls to highlight the skin with a healthy luminous glow.

I knew I would be stopping by Saks after work, so I decided to try to purchase it during Friends & Family. Loyd and I went straight to the La Mer counter to learn two things.
  1. It sold out in a heartbeat.
  2. It's very shimmery.
Now, I don't know whether to order it online. Help! Has anyone seen this gorgeous compact? Is it too sparkly?

Update 10/23: I saw a tester today at Saks at Tysons Galleria. Every store told me they had received 5-6 units, all of which sold out instantly. It's not too sparkly, and I want it. I'll be ordering from La Mer online. It does have "micro-sparkle," very much like other shimmering powders. It's not at all over the top. The compact is gorgeous - and yes, pricey.

Photo courtesy of La Mer

2 comments:

polarbelle said...

I have seen it, tested it and while I love all things La Mer, I just wasn't impressed with this powder. I can get a great powder with all the same qualities from Mac or just about anywhere else. I honestly don't think it's worth $95.

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, PolarBelle! I knew someone would have seen it. After today (Saturday), I'll tally the answers and decide whether I "need" it.