Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Xtreme Lashes AMPLIF-eye Lash & Brow Fortifier

Everyone wants lush, long eye lashes, and I'm no exception. I'm depressed by the eyelashes that fall out regularly on my eyelid scrub pads. I know they grow back, but who wants to wait? Mascara can only do so much if you don't have eyelashes. That's probably why most mascara models and celebrities hawking mascara are wearing faux lashes. And what about those occasional gaps that form naturally when you've lost a few lashes in one spot - or the brow hairs get temporarily thin in one spot, making you look lopsided?

Xtreme Lashes sent me Xtreme Lashes AMPLIF-eye Lash & Brow Fortifier ($119 for a three-month supply), which will be launched in early December. I've been using it for a couple of months, and I love it. Based on my testing, I'm sure it makes my lashes and brows thicker, and I'm sure it facilitates growth. Let's leave the FDA out of this.

Recently, I had a little spot on my left brow (at its widest spot) that thinned. I had been using AMPLIF-eye only on my lashes, but I decided to try it on my left brow. Am I impressed! Within what seemed like a week of use, morning and evening, my eyebrows were even again as little brow hairs started to fill in the gap. Xtreme Lashes says that most users will see a difference in two-to-four weeks. I proved that to myself.

I didn't follow the directions on my eyelashes. I'm bad. You are supposed to use AMPLIF-eye in the morning and evening. I used it every evening before bed. Despite doing my own thing, it made a difference. I could have used it in the morning; it does not cause the crustiness that some lash conditioners cause. I like the way it absorbs into my skin within seconds.

Why is AMPLIF-eye different from other lash conditioners or the lash-enhancing drug LATISSE? The most important thing I can tell you is that it does not contain a prostaglandin. The prescription drug LATISSE contains Bimatoprost, a prostaglandin analog contained in glaucoma medication, and that's the ingredient that can make your blue eyes brown or discolor your skin - or even make your eyes red and itchy. I'm not willing to accept the risks of using a prostaglandin on my eyelids - even a small risk. I was surprised to learn that some lash fortifiers contain a non-prescription strength prostaglandin, which means it's present, but you may not realize it! I think that's creepy.

Xtreme Lashes worked with their own in-house chemist to develop the formula for AMPLIF-eye, which does contain a concentrated growth-stimulating triple peptide complex. The three peptides comprise a full 35% of the product, which is pretty impressive. Competitors claim to have peptides in their formulas, and they do, but peptides are expensive ingredients. They are often included in other products in very weak concentrations. Xtreme Lashes told me that AMPLIF-eye has twice the peptides competing products have.

AMPLIF-eye is said to be non-irritating to the eyes and surrounding skin. I agree, but caution you to keep it out of your eyes. That's common sense, but on a night or two when I was tired and a little klutzy, I placed it into the waterline, and it stung a tiny bit for a nanosecond. That was user error, and the problem was solved by being more careful.

Besides the super-effective peptides, AMPLIF-eye contains green tea, borage, saw palmetto (a beloved herbal remedy for hair loss), evening primrose, nettle, rosemary leaf, ginseng, apple, sugar cane, and witch hazel. Sounds pretty natural to me!

You will be able to purchase AMPLIF-eye at the Xtreme Lashes Web site, where you can see a video now. Most of the salons that specialize in Xtreme Lashes eyelash extensions and carry the company's cosmetic products will carry this product. You may also see AMPLIF-eye Lash & Brow Fortifier appear at a department store near you. It's that good!

Photo courtesy of Xtreme Lashes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got this product in April of this year. I used it for about a week and got sick.. threw up and felt like a virus... stopped using it and felt better 3-4 days later. Started to use it again and got sick again. same exact thing..quit using it for about 3 weeks and tried it again. After about a week I got sick again...Have you ever heard of this? I can't imagine what it would be. if you have any suggestions or answers I would be very appreciative.