Sunday, October 24, 2010

Norabloom Botanicals Rose Bud Creme Cleanser

Norabloom Botanicals Rose Bud Creme Cleanser ($28) was selected for me by Holly Green, owner and founder of Norabloom Botanicals. Holly is a beauty junkie who is determined to design a beauty ritual for every gal out there, no matter what age. She is a licensed aesthetician and makeup artist who has been involved in the beauty and spa industry for over 10 years.

Holly collaborated with an award-winning chemist to bring us Norabloom Botanicals. She has a fundamental belief that we should treat and preserve our skin using healthy ingredients. Holly owns a darling little skin spa and beauty lounge in Ithaca, New York, and she recently published her first beauty book, Goddess Glow. She has a knack for caring for others, so pampering and beautifying her clients delights her. By offering her products online, she hopes to stretch her message beyond her local community and spread her knowledge, love, and passion for natural beauty! She did that for me. Holly sent me Rose Bud Creme Cleanser, and I wanted to transport myself (beam me up, Scotty) to Ithaca for a personal session with Holly.

When Holly and I first met online, she offered to send me one of her products to try. I told her about my skin, and she zeroed in Rose Bud Creme Cleanser, the perfect way to start your beauty ritual with this gentle, creamy facial cleanser that's perfect for all skin types, but especially for dry and sensitive skin. This cleanser contains organic aloe, which has remarkable healing properties, and organic shea butter to nourish and hydrate delicate skin. The formula also contains organic green tea, so it's packed with antioxidants. I love it! I love everything about it, including the pump dispenser. All seriousness aside, the only thing I didn't love about it was my klutziness; I dropped it on my foot in the shower and ended up with a foot shiner. The cleanser comes in a very generous size (big smile).

You have to read the ingredients in this product to get a sense for Holly's dedication to quality.

Purified Water, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Almond Oil, Organic Safflower Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Rice Bran Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Shea Butter, Stearic Acid (plant based), Organic Dandelion Extract, Organic Oat Extract, Organic Green Tea Extract, Orange Oil, Essential Oils, Phenoxyethanol, Organic Grape, Organic Grain, and/or Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric and/or Lactic Acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin E (Tocopherol), and Vitamin A.

It's an impressive list of good-for-your-skin ingredients, and as you might imagine, the natural fragrance is heavenly. Holly wouldn't use animal ingredients. That would offend her little ankle-biting chihuahua, Stella, and her big, goofy chocolate lab Rosie. So those of us who care about animals are safe in Holly's hands.

The cleanser has made me very happy. It's gentle, effective, and soothing. I'm now scouting the Norabloom Web site for other things I'd like to try. Holly offers an impressive list. I'm bummed that she discloses that her Aloe Microderm Scrub is not suitable for sensitive skin - it sounds so nice. On the other hand, that's the thing I love about Holly. She won't steer you wrong. Check out Norabloom Botanicals & Beauty Lounge to see what grabs your fancy.

I think my first purchase will include Natural Lip Stick ($22) with exotic oils, such as macademia nut, and rich butters of cocoa and avocado. I'd also like to try Evening Primrose Eye Cream ($42). Eye and lip products are two of my favorite skin-care treatments. My friend Kari at Fab over Forty tried Organic Jojoba Body Blend in Organic Lime. If you aren't sure what you'd like to try, Holly offers a sample bag for $24, giving you an opportunity to try before you invest.

If you live in upstate New York, you could have the privilege of visiting Holly at her Beauty Lounge. The rest of us will be perfectly happy with her Web site. Norabloom Botanicals are eco-friendly, cruelty-free, paraben-free, and petroleum-free.

Photo courtesy of Norabloom Botanicals

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to know the benefits of Norabloom botanical rose bud cream. I underwent eyelid surgery (NJ) last year; while Mia wanted to lose her wrinkles so she underwent restylane (NJ). After the treatments, we promised that we will find ways to maintain our healthy skin. Through using creams on our face and eating health foods, we can maintain our youthful skin.