Monday, October 25, 2010

Dior 5 Couleurs Iridescent Eyeshadow for Holiday 2010

Last week, I purchased Dior's 5 Couleurs Iridescent Eyeshadow in Endless Shine (#529) for Holiday 2010 ($58). It is every bit as gorgeous as Dior's 5 Couleurs Gold Edition. Don't let the "iridescent" term in its name scare you; the shadows shimmer, but they are not laden with glitter. Instead they highlight the eyes with subtle, glowing shades of gold, pink, and ivory - with an accent of dark chocolate. How perfect does it get?

I wanted to get a fabulous swatch photo of the shades to show you how incredible each is. Each shade can stand alone, and each gives a different shimmering tone to the lids. No matter how you wear the shades in the compact, you will light up your eyes.

Unfortunately, my photo was taken under heavy clouds; you take what you can get. I swatched using the sponge-tipped applicators that come with the compact, starting with the upper left quadrant, moving clockwise, and ending with the dark chocolate shade in the center. Hopefully, you can see that the first shade at top on my arm (the iridescent ivory) is a great highlighting shade; the next three are all pastel, shimmering tones, ranging from rose gold to pure gold; and the center dark chocolate is a perfect liner.

I've just started playing with this palette, and I'm thrilled with the eye-opening looks I can create by combing these shades or using them with colors already in my collection. I'm stunned by the elegance and beauty of this palette. I may like it better than the Gold Edition for Holiday 2010, and I adore Gold Edition! There's a debate raging in my head. If you could only have one of these holiday compacts, which would it be? I don't know! It's a good thing I didn't have to choose (and the Friends & Family discount helped).

I purchase my Endless Shine 5 Couleurs Iridescent Eyeshadow palette at Saks. I haven't been able to find it online anywhere, but I'm sure you will find it at other Dior counters - if not now, very soon. What do you think?

Photo at top courtesy of urcosme.com

No comments: