Thursday, October 21, 2010

Guerlain KissKiss Strass in Rose de la Reine for Holiday 2010

Guerlain has two new KissKiss Strass lip colors, Rose de la Reine (#363) and Rose Imperiale (#323), for Holiday 2010. The best shopping site where you can see them online is Nordstrom's Web site. If you click on the little swatch, the photo of the full product changes to show you what it looks like in the tube. Very nice feature!

I have been a KissKiss Strass groupie since the transparent lip colors were introduced. They feel good and look great. I can't tell you how many compliments I've received while wearing Brun Satin (#343), my favorite. It must look pretty good. Twice I've been sitting at Saks while wearing Brun Satin, watching Loyd work, and his Armani customers have asked me about my lip color! We have to direct them to Guerlain for it. I don't think he minds - it's that gorgeous.

KissKiss Strass has an extra-scintillating shine. This ultimate lip color plays with dazzling reflections to multiply light like a kaleidoscope. I purchased one of the two newest shades, Rose de la Reine (#363). It's like the "un-lipstick." This lipstick-lip gloss hybrid falls into my definition of "perfect." The color is light, rosy, and like my own lips, but so much better. It gleams - and it feels moist and creamy while it perks up my face.

My two arm photos here show Rose de la Reine in slightly different late-afternoon exposures. You can see the shine, and hopefully you can see that Rose de la Reine is light, sheer, and warm.

My friend Gaia at The Non-Blonde found the color too light for her taste, but she and I have different coloring. I'm one of those pale faces she referenced as the perfect Rose de la Reine wearer.

She noted that you have to reapply it often. She's right. I don't mind, though, when a lip color is this pretty! I reapply all of my lip products often. My regular readers know I have to wear something that keeps my addicted lips creamy at all times.

Looks like I'll be carrying around two KissKiss Strass lipsticks now. My standby Brun Satin and my newest love, Rose de la Reine.

You can purchase this, as I did, at Neiman Marcus or as Saks, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, or any Guerlain counter. If this shade is too light for you, try the other new color, Rose Imperiale. Saks Friends & Family starts today, so you could save 10% there.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom

2 comments:

Eileen said...

I bought Rose de la Reine when I went to purchase Perles d'Or Meteorites (gorgeous beyond words!) and have been very pleased with it. It's one of those effortless shades you can toss in your purse for on-the-go touch ups. My lips are a medium rose, so this sheer lipstick just adds warmth and depth, and the illusion of fullness. As for the must apply often caveat, that has never really bothered me. Cle de Peau Extra Silky is my very favorite lipstick and that has to be reapplied steadily throughout the day. Like you, I am totally addicted to the feel of something creamy on my lips. It's precisely because these lipsticks are so soothing and moisturizing that they disappear so soon. Is that what the poets meant when they said that beauty is fleeting? :-)

Charlestongirl said...

I just purchased the Perles d'Or Meteorites - waited for Saks Friends & Family. I also think it's totally gorgeous. In fact, I like it much more than the expensive collector's compact for holiday.

I picked up KissKiss Strass Rose Imperiale, so I will show that to everyone over the weekend. I've become such a KissKiss Strass addict.

Not sure about the poets - LOL! Maybe they meant we age?