Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chantecaille Hydra Chic Lipstick Swatched

There are four new Hydra Chic Lipsticks from Chantecaille ($30). I ordered two, and then bought a third while playing with them at Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria with Chantecaille representative Alicia Cortes.

Hydra Chic is a modern full-impact lipstick that is hydrating and luminous. Chantecaille promises six hours of great color wear. I get four max, but that's as good as I get with any long-lasting lipstick that's also hydrating. The lipstick, packaged in a slim stylo-case for ultimate application control, delivers elegant color with a natural satin finish (if you want high shine, you will have to wear a gloss over Hydra Chic). With one application, the texture melts onto the lips with a comforting and hydrating sensation. Natural extracts of papaya and orchid will help to soften lips and provide antioxidant and anti-aging protection. Raist, a natural sugar derivative, is said to provide immediate and comforting hydration. I still have to learn more about raist. I mentioned that when I gave you a preview of Hydra Chic. I have some research to do!

I promised to show you the shades when they arrived. Yesterday, I got the two I ordered from Chantecaille, and, when I saw them in the store, I picked up a third. My arm photo shows Anemone at the top, Trillium in the middle, and Water Lily below. My two favorites are Anemone and Water Lily. Trillium, which looks pink in the swatch on the Chantecaille Web site, isn't what I'd call pink. I would describe it as a warm nude. It's very pretty, but I'm not sure I would have selected it had I seen it in advance. I'll wear it, though, when I need a lipstick that calls for a subtle, neutral lip.

The only shade I don't own is Tiger Lily - orange. Not my color! I'll wear all three of the shades I did purchase, and I'm sure there are Tiger Lily wearers
out there. It's a deeply pigmented orange.

Now that you've seen the swatches, what do you think? See a shade that sings to you? You can purchase Chantecaille at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, some Nordstrom and Saks stores, and online. If you go to Chantecaille's Web site, always check out the special offer.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille

4 comments:

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl!
These lipsticks are lovely: I particularly loved the swatches Anemone and Trillium but when reading that Trillium was rather nude, I decided to go only for Anemone which is gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse!

From what you've told me about your coloring, I think you'd love Water Lily too. Trillium will be perfect for lots of gals. I just didn't need another nude lipstick. My face needs some color so that I don't blend into the wallpaper. :)

Julia said...

I was so excited by these that I went ahead and purchased Trillium and Water Lily, sight unseen. Now I really wish I had waited until you posted your swatches! I am in complete agreement about Trillium--fooled again by another useless online swatch! I did manage to wear it all day today, though it is really too warm for my coloring. Anyway, very excited about Water Lilly- especially with the cooler weather.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Julia,

Yes, unfortunately, the swatch of Trillium is misleading. I wouldn't have purchased it had I known it wasn't pink, but I will wear mine when I need a warm nude.

Water Lily is drop-dead gorgeous. It makes up for Trillium, which I won't wear often.

The online swatch problem is shared by so many makeup companies. I don't know why they can't solve it. I realize that all of our monitors show colors differently, but there has to be a better way.