Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Palette for Holiday 2010

Bobbi Brown's Smokey Eye Palette ($45), another Holiday 2010 beauty, is on the newest holiday display at the Bobbi Brown counter at Neiman Marcus. I went to Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria Monday afternoon on the way to an appointment - another drive-by shopping trip that yielded nice surprises.

Before I tell you more - some of you are aware of my dilemma about the proper way to spell "smoky" when referring to the smoky eye - the palette itself is called the "Smokey Eye Palette" on the palette and on the box. Neiman Marcus called it the "Smoky Eye Palette" online. So much for the consensus we reached on "smoky" not too long ago!

The newest display at Neiman Marcus had two palettes. The other, shown at right, was the Smouldering Eye Palette - another spelling dilemma, since "smouldering" is more commonly spelled as "smoldering" in the United States, and the beauty companies don't see eye to eye.

While they appear to be very much the same, with a pop of lavender, one leans blue (cool), and the other leans red (warm). I selected the blue-leaning shades in the Smokey Eye Palette. Each of the two palettes features a base shade and an eyeliner color plus a bold metallic and dramatic shade of Bobbi's new Long-Wear Eye Paint. The far right shade in each palette in the photos above, the Long-Wear Eye Paint, can be used as an accenting shadow or as a liner. You can even wet it to make it the perfect liquid liner. I demonstrated that on my arm photo at left. The bottom swatch was drawn with a wet Bobbi Brown Eyeliner Brush.

The Smokey Palette Eye shades are, top to bottom, Ivory Eye Shadow (very hard to see on my arm), Heather Lilac Metallic Eye Shadow, Charcoal Eye Shadow, and Port Long-Wear Eye Paint.

Both are pretty palettes, and it's nice that you have a choice of shades. There is a third palette, the Sultry Eye Palette, that hadn't arrived yet. You can see it at this Neiman Marcus link. Aren't those brown and gold shades gorgeous? It's on my must-have list.

Stop by Neiman Marcus if you get a chance. I'm sure the other Bobbi Brown counters will have the latest eye palettes if they don't already. You can order online from Neiman Marcus now and get free shipping with code NMOCT.

Palette photos courtesy of Neiman Marcus

6 comments:

Eileen said...

Bobbi Brown has created such a beautiful selection of palettes this year. I'm sure to find something for all the ladies--young and old--on my holiday shopping list.

In particular, I love the three different versions of the smokey eye palette. Rather than be overly concerned about someone's color preferences, you really only need to think in terms of warm or cool. And, looking at the three color selections, I can't help but think that these palettes would make creating a subtle or dramatic smokey eye child's play.

Since I'm going to be out and about today, I think I'll add a quick stop at Neiman's. How much do you want to bet I don't leave empty handed!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I just came home from work and saw your comment. Got a good laugh - can't wait to find out which one you brought home!

Obviously, I chose "cool," but I think the Sultry one would go either way (cool or warm), don't you?

Valerie H. said...

I want it all this year!! An I might have to make MY way out to Nordstrom. (Doesn't it seem like most of the BIG cosmetics co.'s have "hit it out of the park" this holiday season?)

Charlestongirl said...

Absolutely, Val! It just keeps getting better and better. The collections that have rolled out since summer have been irresistible.

Victoria said...

okay, I"m going to have to get this one I think. Looks lovely!

Charlestongirl said...

Victoria, I'll bet you will love it. Let us know! :)