Sunday, October 17, 2010

Givenchy Le Prisme Unique Eyeshadow - Iridescent Finish in Vintage Silver

When I first saw Givenchy's limited-edition Le Prisme Unique Eyeshadow - Iridescent Finish ($29) in Vintage Silver online at Sephora, I thought it looked a little scary. Knowing, though, that Givenchy's Le Prisme shadows are anything but scary, I took a chance and ordered it. Am I glad! It's a gorgeous trio of shimmering grey shades - your ticket to be a silver fox.

Created with an innovative shade-blending technology, Givenchy's Le Prisme eye shadows mix different shades that you can use alone or blend to create a prismatic, opalescent finish.

At right are four swatches from the palette, starting with the darkest quadrant of the palette (top right) and moving around it clockwise with the swatches at right, top to bottom. I applied the shadow with a sponge-tipped applicator (the one that came with the compact), and the photo was taken in full sun.

I hope you can see that the shades are extremely wearable, shimmering greys and silvers. None are scary. Each swatch is a different shade of grey, depending on the primary shade or shade blend picked up from the palette. This handy eye shadow compact can be used to create the perfect understated smoky eye - or an everyday look by selecting a light blend and applying your choice of shades on the lid under the crease. If your skin tone is darker than mine, you can build a little more drama than I will. I love the flexibility.

Givenchy's shadows have a very nice creamy texture (the ingredients include shea butter) and stay put all day on me. Vintage Silver is a happy addition to my Le Prisme collection.

Sephora is the exclusive source for Le Prisme Unique Eyeshadow - Iridescent Finish in Vintage Silver. Look for it next time you shop Sephora.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora

4 comments:

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

Do you find these are pigmented on your eyes? I had a Givenchy palette a while ago and it just didn't show up. I'm wondering if I should take a chance again.

Charlestongirl said...

Marcia, it's quite pigmented when applied with an Armani shadow brush. I wore it to work this morning and subdued it with a Q-Tip.

milktea said...

Looks mysterious and intriguing in the pan, but the colors likely won't work for me :-(

Still, I'm glad to have found a review on Givenchy products :-)

Love your YSL reviews too! :-D

annie said...

Wow this is an amazing quad!!
With the sephora sale on, I'll have to snatch this up! Thank you for the swatches :)