Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tarte Ring It In Cheek Stain Set for Holiday 2010

The Ring It In holiday set from Tarte is hoard-worthy. If I'm a good example, you'll need three of them for yourself, and if you plan to give any as gifts, you better buy more. Don't say I didn't tell you! On top of its sheer appeal, there's the lure of a discount. Right now, you can get a 20% discount at Sephora, using their not-so-secret Friends & Family discount code FF2010.

The Ring It In Cheek Stain Set ($25 before discount, $20 after) is limited-edition set of three best-selling and award-winning "mini" cheek stains in all-new sumptuous shades. I can't tell you my delight when I opened the box from Tarte and started to play with the shades. Every one of the three excited me. Then, there's the costume "universally sized" cocktail ring that's too big for my size 5 ring finger - even with it's elasticized band. A few friends at work will enjoy the rings (yes, rings, because I will get one with each set I ordered). The ring is a gimmick, but it's cute - and big.

The set contains three mini Cheek Stains in Vivid (vibrant rosy pink), Luster (peach champagne), and Flawless (soft peachy pink). They aren't teeny tiny, but they aren't full-sized. That's good. The size is as perfect as it gets for throwing in a makeup bag, and that's where each of them will go in my handbag - one at a time. That's where the first set that came from Tarte will go. When my order from Sephora arrives, one full set will go in my desk drawer at work.

Each shade is sheer and pretty. They are so sheer, I'd wager there's no way you can overdo them. Just swipe a few times, blend if you need to, and go. You will glow. I remember one of my favorite makeup gurus saying, "Everyone is nicer to you when you wear blusher." She's right! When you head for a meeting or encounter that makes you anxious, pop into the ladies room for a little Cheek Stain. Can't hurt!

My photo shows the three flattering transparent shades on my arm in late afternoon sun. Flawless, Vivid, and Luster are shown top to bottom. I can't use enough superlatives to tell you how happy I am with the shades, which look even better on my cheeks. My photo was taken late-afternoon fading sunlight. I rolled each stain across my arm four or five times to ensure the colors would show in the photo. Can you use Luster as a highlighter? Absolutely! You can also use it to bring out your own natural pink blush, adding a champagne touch to reduce excess redness.

There's a close-up of Vivid at right (photo taken in brighter sunlight). I absolutely love the rosy pink shade. Whether your skin is cool or warm, light or dark, you'll be able to wear it.

These ultra-flattering Cheek Stains feature a t5-infused botanical formula that keeps pigments truer, allowing you to blend into skin for a finish that's fresh and dewy. The t5 super fruit complex is a proprietary blend of the five most active super-fruits: extracts of goji berry, açaí, maracuja, acerola, and pomegranate extract. The first blend of its kind, the t5 super fruit complex is loaded with naturally occurring, antioxidant-rich nutrients and vitamins that are known to deliver refining, anti-aging, and skin-restorative benefits with each application.

If you've been reading Best Things in Beauty, you know that Tarte's makeup is formulated without the following ingredients we should all try to avoid.
  • Parabens
  • Sulfates
  • Synthetic Fragrances
  • Synthetic Dyes
  • Petrochemicals
  • Phthalates
Head over to Sephora to see Ring It In, and make sure to check out the other beautiful Holiday 2010 sets at the same time. I'll be showing you more this week. Ring It In will also be available at Tarte's Web site soon. There's a special offer there too. Through October 31, you will save $5 on any purchase of $25 or more with code TREAT.

My gushing rave is over - for now. These Cheek Stains make me smile.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora

4 comments:

Nikkia (Silver Lips) said...

The ring alone makes me want to purchase this set! I've never tried Tarte's cheek stains so this is a perfect setto try them out! Thanks for sharing :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Nikkia!

The ring is cute, but the Cheek Stains are the star of this show. :) Hope you enjoy!

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

What pretty colors. I can't wait to try these.

Charlestongirl said...

Marcia, try you must - if you want to glow for the holiday!

I have gorgeous Tarte holiday eye shadows to show you, but no sun. Waiting...as it rains.